FarmTek Greenhouse Christmas Special

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

ClearSpan™ EZ-Grow Greenhouse 103474, Only $349.00, 10' x 10'
Regular Price $599.00

http://www.farmtek.com/

Looks like this could be a good deal for many in the warmer zones.

I also see they have a website called Scrounge Central, where they list all the good deals on close-outs and overstocked items.

http://www.scroungecentral.com/

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

that is very expensive.
I can get a 16ft by 96ft for $.35 a sq ft, which would come out to just over $500. It would be ALOT stronger than any of that flimsy stuff farmtek peddles.
16ft by 96 too big? order half of it, or a quarter of it.

Drew

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

i got my kit from farm tek and dont think its flimsy...it it 12x24....we made the ends solid and it seems to be fine...i guess ill wait a few years and see how it holds up....cindy

Thumbnail by brommom
Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

Drew, do you have an address for the place you are talking about?
Thanks,
§

atlas greenhouse
try www.atlasgreenhouse.com
their 16by96 cold frame.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I checked out the Atlas site. The 20 X 96 one was $921.00, and that was frame only. Didn't see a 16 X 96.

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

This message was edited Dec 5, 2003 2:10 PM

might not be on the webpage... i got the info via their growers catalog.
ask them to send you a growers catalog... ohh and pretend to own a nursery :P

says here in the catalog...
16ft wide cold frame hoop house.
6ft spacing:
Sq Ft: Cost
0-768: $.43sf
769-1535 $.39sf
1536-Up $.36sf
makes a 16ft by 96ft = $553
or a 16by48 =$330
or a 16by24= $165
hmmmm or a 16by 12=$82.56

interesting... so you bought a 10ft by 10 ft for $350, whereas I could get a 16ft by 12ft for $82.56.
you're right... thats a heck of a sale farmtek has going on.

Drew

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I noticed the site seemed way higher than what they sold to you for too Drew. And was this frame only? Poly too? any extras? I can find these pvc with poly hobby size for kinda cheap, but The Little Greenhouse comes as a package with the heater, fans, misters, shade cloth, bench supports, etc... for not too much more. I dunno. Check out my new thread and check the link out.

heh... for the next Georgia roundup, I should buy a full sized greenhouse from atlas and break it up into 12ft sections for whoever wants one :-)

Glen Arm, MD(Zone 7a)

I bought the easy grow hobby greenhouse from Atlas to use as a maternity house and am really impressed with it. Not the cheapest but I bought the whole kit for convenience.

I bought a 48'x20' from Farmtek last year and was very pleased with their service and with the house.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Drew, If you were to come to the TNRU in May - - you are most welcome to bring a sample greenhouse. Of course, I have first right of refusal - - but I can't imagine that I would turn one down! Nat

March-April-May-June I don't leave the farm...
I make 95% of my income in April and May... so no, don't fancy I could make it.

shame too.

Knoxville, TN(Zone 7a)

Ah rats, Drew. But hopefully, there will be another RU in Ga. in the fall.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

Drew, we ought to come to you and have a one day swap thingie. I couldn't take off a whole weekend in the spring either. well, unless it's for the FL RU. can't stay away from that one:)

well, like I said, last Sat of March (27th I think) I'm having my third herb festival...
we have speakers from Oregon to Georgia.

Tends to be a nice day here at the farm.
you all are welcome to attend

drew

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hey that's almost my b'day! (the 29th) Maybe I can treat myself to a trip. :)

Drew... where is Willacoochee?

Willacoochee Georgia... where the men are men, and the livestock are frightened.

look southern georgia... further... further... north of Valdosta, in between Waycross and Tifton on hwy 82.
Willacoochee is a special town, we have all the modern convienances, post office, bar, hardware store, sawmill, and of course a rare plants nursery (mine).
We haven't gotten one of those new fangled stoplights yet, but there is hope for one before 2012...

words of wisdom when in 'the coochee'
1. don't ask for directions, the locals always send you to florida...

2. if you see a stopsign, stop, regardless of what position it is facing. The stop signs are all on round poles which tend to change direction when it gets windy... so beware.

3. Please do not stop at the no-name bar... the people that hang out there have probably killed more men than cancer.

later,
Drew

Drew, I go that way sometimes when I visit my brother in Jax Beach, just because I get tired (and bored) of interstate highways. When I go the next time, maybe weather will permit a visit.

Austell, GA(Zone 7a)

Angie,

You share a birthday with my DH. How about that?

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

neato :) come on everybody...'It's a small world after all...'

Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

Drew, anyway you can email me a bit before your herb festival. I would like to come, but my memory sucks.

I went through Willacoochee three times lately, checking out Atlas, and then to pick up my greenhouse parts. I was in a hurry so I didn't stop by. I didn't see your nursery or a sign from the road.
Tell me how to get there coming from Waycross on 82.

Kris

from waycross.
on 82 going West, through Pearson, once into Willacoochee, there is a road 135North towards Douglas.
I'm 400yards up that road.
big sign, DeepRoots Nursery.
Cant miss it.

Drew

Ellabell, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks Drew, next time I will come visit.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.