It's here!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Doesn't look like much, does it? 7 boxes. We won't be putting it up until spring. It's too cold here now and snow is due any time. I'm just so glad to have it! It's the 9x14 Juliana. We'll start digging a base for it as soon as things thaw out in spring :o)

Thumbnail by poppysue
Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

How can you possibly wait til spring with it just sitting there???? LOL I see green grass!! Hurry, hurry get on it! Did you check to make sure everything is there? I'm sure you thought of it, just don't want you trying to get one piece or something five months later. ;)

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Hurrah!

I couldn't wait until spring. SURELY you will have enough warmish days to do the base?

Northern California, CA

How can you stand it?! If I were closer, I'd run over and help you get started. How about setting it up inside? LOL We did that one winter in Chicago with a camping tent....the kids couldn't wait until summer to try it out.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

I wouldn't be able to wait either. lol, I'd have already torn the boxes apart. How exciting for you!

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

LOL - it's 25º out with a wind chill of 14º. Going out to see it unloaded from the truck was about as much cold as I can take. We did open all the boxes to check it out and inspect the pieces. All looks good. Figuring out where to store it has been a challenge.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I have a decent sized back yard in full sun. ;) Want me to *store* it for you? heheheheheh

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

LOL Badseed! Hey Congratulations Poppysue!!! How fun fun fun. Please post photos this spring of your progress.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

yahoooo for poppy sue-i bet your so happy! :)
Cant wait to see it go up! :)

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

poppysue, Hope you found a good storage space for your greenhouse boxes. When do you expect the weather to be warm enough for you to begin putting it together. Good luck, maybe the winter won't be too long in your area. Donna

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

How awesome! Congratulations!!!!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

If you just had another month of nice weather you could have it up and full of plants. Waiting until spring is gonna be hard to do, but I know what you mean about having enough of the weather on a cold windy day.

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

I like the way you think, MaryE ☺

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Hopefully we'll get it up and running at the end of March... or begining of April. I spose it all depends on the weather and when the ground thaws. It's 12º now ... brrrrr! It's too early to be this cold!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

poppy i know what you mean-its so cold already and the winds hurt -i finished covering daylilies with straw today, the sun was bright but it was still chilly.
I cant wait for spring-i bet your going to be counting the days too! :)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Maybe you could just attach it to the house and leave the back door open to heat it. ;) I don't know how you can stand it! It is killing me and it's not even mine!! LOL

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

I think we might all be counting days for Poppysue's GH :) That might beat out the 100,000 mark for DGs even!!!!

Pontiac, MI(Zone 6a)

poppysue, Congrats on your new greenhouse. In another thread I've posted a picture of the one that was given to me last year and which I'm still in the process of installing. The point I wanted to make is that here in my zone 5a area I had to have 42" footers installed for the wall under the greenhouse. Is that a requirement for you as well? Or is your gh not going to be on a foundation?

Jonesboro, AR(Zone 7a)

Congrats! But I'm with everyone else.......set that thing up!

Frederick, MD(Zone 7a)

Poppysue,
Any progress on your greenhouse? After looking at
your note here, I think this is the brand that I would
like to get. Just wondered if all the parts arrived
and how things are moving along--if it's not too early.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

No progress yet. We still have snow on the ground here. We'll have to wait until the ground thaws before we can start digging the foundation out.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hey Sue, I am shopping again. How do you like this thing? LOL

Pleasant Grove, UT(Zone 6b)

PoppySue... How about finished project pictures?

Drew

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

I wanna see too! C'mon Poppysue, share your photos! :-D

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.