Yesterday, Today, & Tomorrow

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

I love this shrub! First blooms,planted last Aug.2002

This message was edited Dec 1, 2003 9:51 PM

Thumbnail by Melba_Ga
Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Another picture close-up of blooms. 3 colors!

Thumbnail by Melba_Ga
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

That is the plant I have been looking for, I will take the boat also. How many packs of seed for the boat? LOL

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

What a beauty. Thanks for posting this, you reminded me that I have to get cuttings from my friend. I tried growing it from seed with no success. I had forgotten all about it till I saw yours.

Ventura, United States(Zone 10b)

Gagal,

Do you have yours in full sun? I have mine in part shade, but if it will flower more in full sun, I will move it because I have it in a container. Also, mine dropped most of its leaves this fall, and I'm not sure why it did that. I gave it some iron chelate and repotted it, and fortunately, the leaves are growing back. Have you ever experienced something like that with yours? Also, do you know what the lowest temperature is that it can take? Thanks!

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Thanks to you all for viewing my post! Busybee,the boat is for sale because I have a DH that doesn't enjoy fishing as much as I do, & it is too big for me to navigate by myself,but I can't imagine what the seed pack value would be. LOL!
Clare_Ca, I have mine in full sun, was told to water every day when I first got it. I had some yellowing of leaves, used magnesim sulfate, seemed to help. You can find info on plant data base.

Thanks, Gagal, for your response. I'll try the Epsom Salt and see if that helps. Thanks for the tip.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

My plant doesn't look so good since I had to dig it up and bring it inside for the winter. All the leaves are falling off, sure hope I can save it this winter. It was late when I got it so didn't get any blooms this year sure hope I can nurse it through untill spring.

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Yardbird, Good luck w/your plant. We had a couple of low temp weekends last year after I planted mine. I had to cover all my plants.My neighbor came home from work & asked if we were having an outdoor sleep-over! LOL! I had the yard covered in sheets! I hope i don't have to do that this year, but we're already having some cool temps.I think good mulching helps here.

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

GagalinFl, I found a 6ft.bush of YTT last week and bought it. Just wanted to know if I should cut it back to make it a short bushy bush or leave it to see how tall it will get. It is dormant now and was outside in a pot. The lady also had some in the hothouse that were still blooming but they were short. Does the cuttings root?

Nice find, Busybee! I would leave it and not cut it back because you might be cutting off potential flowers that would bloom in the spring. I guess it just depends upon what shape you want your plant to be.

Hot Springs, AR(Zone 7b)

WOW! I just purchsed mine as a small plant. Will put it my yard in spring! Can't wait to see if grow!

Orange, TX(Zone 9a)

Now I was told that these need shade and not sun, but mine is planted where it gets lots of morning sun and is doing well. It is the second season I have had it and it is not very big yet, but I do love it. They have a new strain the and the blooms are huge. I saw it at a nursery I love to visit, but they $53 for it, and I chicken out as I am a novice gardener and figure I might kill it...DEB

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

I tried to start seeds of this but didn't succeed with it, does anyone have a cutting I could get for postage to try and root one?
Laurrie

Stockton, CA(Zone 9a)

Laurrie,
Janie has a bush, email her & she will send you a bunch.
Donna

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Oh cool, thanks so much, had seeds but they didn't seem to work out, wonder if Janie has any tips on starting them?
Thanks again
L

Brooksville, FL(Zone 9a)

Hi all!
Has anyone had any success growing these beauties from seed? I see several of you haven't and I haven't either - just wondering if ANYONE has?

I posted this on the propagation thread too - no positive response there . . .

thanks,
Onalee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.