Sunburn?

Reno, NV(Zone 6a)

My jade plant is kind of purple on the tops of the leaves...is this sunburn? The plant seems fine, but the odd color has me a little worried.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I have several succulents and other plants that get a red edge when the weather turns cool. I wouldn't worry about it. Here is one of mine that is starting on its festive red winter coloring. A couple of weeks ago it was all green.

Thumbnail by frogsrus
Reno, NV(Zone 6a)

Whew...I wasn't quite sure. It looked just fine, but I figured I'd better get an "expert" opinion before I just let it set in its window and sun some more.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

I don't know how "expert" my opinion is lol. All of my plants live outside so the are used to the "extremes" in the weather. Yes I know that is a term used very loosely in my zone. I expect it is pretty chilly in Reno by now.

I like the red on the plants in winter. if I ever get a little time on my hands, I may have to see what process does this. My swedish ivy gets red veins in the winter too.

Valley Village, CA

Lovely picture. Norma

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Thank you. I like the little guy. It has yet to bloom but is very pretty in winter. I asworried abut the cctus garden with all of the ash and soot that we have had but everything but a couple of mother of thousands seem ok. Of course one of them is enough for several neighborhoods :-).

Valley Village, CA

I just had a surprise this morning, one of my Crassula 'Jade' plants opended with pink flowers. I hope mine all turn deep red on the edges, that would be great, that is the way they are supposed to look. I think the cold turns a lot of leaves red in the winter, I think it is a way to protect themselfes from the cold. Trees also turn beautiful colors during the winter months, but they then drop their beautiful coats of color. Enjoy they will are turn green again with new growth in the spring. Norma

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.