What's this freeby?

Archer/Bronson, FL(Zone 8b)

Got this from my mil yard last night, by flashlight (lol) What is it? She's lost track of plant names.

Thumbnail by MollyMc

And although this isn't a freebie, it was discounted and all the man could say was it was a sedum, duh, that even I could figure. Does it have a name?

Thumbnail by MollyMc

I did this arrangement with that sedum and put it under the care of my garden gnome. He's holding up the stem, really.

Thumbnail by MollyMc
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

did you try the plant ID forum? very cute gnome and nice arrangement-i killed my chenel(sp)plant.

heres the sedum basket i just made! shows the difference in our zones! ;)

Thumbnail by notmartha
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

heres the other side

Thumbnail by notmartha

I like that sedum, and I think I've seen that growing down here too, as ground cover. Nice little holiday basket, not martha. So it's time to get the christmas decorations out. We talked about doing it today, but went shopping instead.

I'll take the pictures over to the ID forum and see if I get any bites. I thought I might tempt crasulady2 into giving me a review over here. Maybe she's out of town for the holidays. Take care NM
Molly

Valley Village, CA

S. telephium I have several varieties of these. Nice plants, have a good show of flowers in a large head.
Now I am on saying this on the bases of the flowers, that they should have if only if I'm correct. I'm really sticking my neck out on this. After they flower I cut them to the ground. I have grown mine in full Western sun, even with our hot climate, and harsh sun. Hi, gang, from Norma Crasulady2

Valley Village, CA

Molly I was correct with the Sedum.
Kalanchoe, the little grey tiny one with the horizontal stripes, is K. gastonis-bonnieri Hamet et Perr. Madag. found name in Lexicon of Succulent Plants. It will grow up, then down, makes a nice basket plant in time, with roots hanging down from the leaves joints where they join the long stem. It will also become pruinose. I love the plant. Grow it well, keep it warm. I received some beautiful plants today, thank you. OOOOOO Norma

Hi Norma; Did everything arrive fine and did I package them properly?. Sure Hope so, I really hate to hurt a plant or anything else either.

Take Care
Molly

Valley Village, CA

Molly you did a great job. I will plant up the Sedum tomorrow but in full sun. It even has a flower head starting. I may even have a variegated form of this species, if so, If I can find it I'll send some along to you. Your baskets are lovely, both of you gals, did a great job.
The little sedum hanging down, would not do so if given more sun, it would spirel, and turn very blue pruinose, with a light hint of pink. I grow that one as well, there are three forms of the Sedum, which I think might be S.rupestre complex, yours may be S. sediforme, as well as, S. montanum, S. ochroleucum and S. rupestre they are indistinguishable.
I certainly hope I have been of some help, I don't know all of this stuff, I need to look it up, I'm not trying to be a smart alek, just trying to help.
Norma

So many plants look exactly the same until you see the flowers I could just cry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.