Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Tomorrow is T-Day. Hope everyone can both enjoy themselves and also eat in moderation.

I'm planning on several nice items - stuffed mushroom caps, white bean dip, appetizer cheesecake, turkey - a lot of things that are low carb so I won't blow it too much. I'll skip the potatoes, only eat a tidbit of stuffing.

One exception - I am going to allow myself to enjoy one indulgence. I noticed an absolutely decadent looking caramel apple pie in the DG recipe forum. Ideally since this is at the end of the meal, I won't be as hungry. And I will make sure to send the pie home with the guests so I won't be tempted later on.

I'm going to follow vic's tactic with the toothpick in my mouth while cooking, will drink lots of water before and will try to load up on turkey and salad rather than potatoes and stuffing.

Have a great holiday everyone! :)

This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!