Purple Hycianth Bean

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I planted this a few months ago and was hoping to see blooms. Now I'm hoping for seeds.......I will have to cover it since I don't think I have enough time for it to seed on its own.......It is really pretty this morning......
I found this seed on the walkway of a nursury I was looking through and no plant it could have come from in sight...I guess birdie dropped his lunch......LOL.......I asked around and was told it was a purple hycianth bean sure hope it's right.
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

Great picture!!

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

the seed you planted would of been a brownish blackish color with a white strip down the side. looks like one too me but darker. i have seeds if you dont get anymore. i have plenty. Marie Imzadi

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

The seeds look to me like mini oreo cookies. Pretty blooms. I just got some seeds for the white hyacinth bean plant for next summer. I've heard that there are two varieties, one that doesn't bloom well if at all and the ones I got are supposed to be from a prolific bloomer. I hope so, so I can share next year.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Willow, this is deep or dark purple bloom. I have the lighter purple color. I have plenty if you would like some of the lighter one.
I loaded my new GH all day Sunday & had to put on two more layers b/4 I finished. Last nite, I went out & covered plumerias, citrus, bougies, & I don't know what all. (I'm plant-sitting for a GH who is moving back to MS.) It never crossed my mind about my HBV. And it was dark again by the time I got home tonite. Guess I better go get the flashlight & ck. Thanks for reminding me that I still another side of the yard! :~)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.