Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Putting together the menu for Thanksgiving to include things like Mushroom caps, appetizer cheesecake (low carb) and other items that will be tasty enough that the other folks won't even know that I put together a diet-ish meal.

One advantage to scales with fat monitors is you can tell *why* your weight is up or down (calculates weight and body fat - and hydration can drastically change the body fat level, so if you didn't drink much the day before, your weight will be down, but fat % will be up). I was at my next Saturday target weight today, but the fat was up 0.5% suggesting that I probably was down about 12-14 oz of water. But, that's less than a pound, so I'm still part-way to the Saturday goal.

On a positive note - my weight dropped below this much sought after ten pound mark (I won't say which one) - so this does give me renewed enthusiasm. So, it's a false victory, but it was motivating - even though I can't delude myself into believing that I have really lost that weight yet. I am hoping this decade of pounds goes quickly - the previous one took three months, so I deserve some good progress.

This thread has 20 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!