Windows XP installation. HELP!

Lexington, NC(Zone 7a)

To start with I think I better apologize for not having been in the Garden for quite awhile. I am taking a computer drafting course and have been really tied up with it plus DW's health problems. I go to class on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6:15pm to 9:30 pm which is too late to get into the chat room.

Now my problem:

I have Windows 98SE and purchased the Windows XP home edition. My C drive is 6GB with 64MB of ram, my D drive is 20GB with 128MB of ram for a total of 192MB of ram. I know I will probably have problems with my hardware and no doubt some with some of my software.

I started the installation but when I got to "preparing installation" it finally just hung up. Even let it go all night but nothing, the light on my CD-ROM slot had gone out. Will find out what Best Buy would charge to install it but first want to come here for comments.

GW, checking back in some of the old threads I see where you said "We love XP" so hopefully you can give me some words of wisdom.

This message was edited Nov 25, 2003 11:19 AM

This message was edited Nov 25, 2003 11:26 AM

This thread has 57 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!