Stiffen Paper Snowflakes?

Pittsburgh, PA(Zone 6a)

Dummy me, I had children from church make paper snowflakes for the church tree without planning ahead. Never in my wildest dreams did I think they would be so pretty. They are approx 8" in size and will be just fine on the 12-15 ft church tree that I always get. Since they are simply white paper I'd really like to stiffen them. I also was thinking about spraying them silver/gold/pearl white, etc. Any suggestions on making them stronger/stiffer than just regular white paper? I had considered glueing Christmas material on one side and stiffening that part which should work but that would really limit the colors and would cover some of the pretty holes that the children cut. Some of these have teeney tiny holes and look like lace. Is there anything I can spray on the paper? I probably have 25 snowflakes and don't have the time to cut each one again with an exacto knife onto cardboard or poster board. Suggestions??

Thanks!!

This thread has 11 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!