Porcelain Berry Vine

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

Is there a good place to get a Porcelain Berry Vine?? I bought one a few years ago but it didn't make it and the company that I got it from quit selling them the next year. Can anyone give me any advice?
Thanks
Ruth

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Ruth, here is a link to a place that sells them. just click on the photo and it will take you to the ordering page.
Laurrie
http://www.worldplants.com/ampelopsis.htm

This message was edited Nov 20, 2003 10:12 AM

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

Thanks, Breezy!!

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

You are very welcome, I love mine and the birdies seemed to like the berries this year already, none left for me to try and grow!!
Laurrie

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Breezy......you gotta get out there and net you some for seeds and to taste.......those little buggers will eat you out of house and seed.......

I noticed the birdies here are really busy, the red horse trees are loaded and they are going nuts.......the Elderberry is almost always bare their such hogs......LOL...but they are not at the feeders much since all this "natural" stuff is plentiful......

Dee

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

The starlings have been in my cedar tree in front of the house all day. I had to sweep up the little blue 'balls' that they dropped three times. DH and DS walked over them and into the kitchen and I ended up washing my floor. After they walked through, I followed them and ended up with my slippers stuck to the floor. AAACK!!

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Ahaaaahaaaahaaa........oops.....sorry ruthie......
Dee

Dundee, OH(Zone 5b)

Yes Dee!! Next year I will put stockings over some of them along with my cornis alternifolia bush!!! I barely got enough seeds to send to Mitjo who waited patiently for them to ripen!! I am going to fix some of those birdies next year LOL
Laurrie

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

LOL
;)

Shalimar, FL(Zone 8a)

Ruth, I'm sure I have some volunteers. If you like I can send you a couple. Jen

Boonies, SD(Zone 4b)

KEWL!!! It will have to wait until March or April as the weather right now is not warm enough to send anything. Our high was at 35 today.
Can I send you anything in return?? I have a few seeds (purple coneflower, marigold, moonflower, lavender, etc.saved and a couple of plant starts, jade and donkey's tail. I will make you a more complete list.
Let me know.
Ruth

Shalimar, FL(Zone 8a)

Ruth, You've got mail! Jen

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

I have been collecting seed from my porcelain berry vine. I have not yried starting this vine from seed. Anyone have any advice?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.