Craftmatic Beds

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Can anyone give me any information on these beds verses hospital beds? I am thinking about getting some type of bed that will be easier to get out of and I need some input on which is better and which has the most to offer. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks and Hugs to all. Bobbie

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We bought used all electric hospital beds about 13 years ago and love them. Of course they don't come in any width but twin whereas the Craftmatic comes in at least double if not queen and king. So it would depend on how important it is to you to sleep in the same bed with your spouse. Our beds cost about $500 a piece so we didn't really save money over a larger Craftmatic. But I am sure that hospital beds are built to last a long time and I'm not sure Craftmatic or any other bed made for home use will have that much durability & quality built into it.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

You might want to check out ComfortAire beds, Jim. They are similar to SelectComfort beds, but half the price, and they have the adjustable, motorized frames. When Howie and I were considering different options for a bed, we looked at nationwidemattress.com and corresponded with the owner. They were very responsive to all of our questions. http://www.nationwidemattress.com/

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

A friend of mine recently lost her Mother. She had just gotten a Craftmatic bed a couple of years ago, so my friend is now using it and wishes she had gotten herself one YEARS ago. She doesn't even have a bad back either. The more she talked about it the more I wanted one.

BTW We love our SelectComfort bed. It would be nice to have the ability to sit up when we want to though so GW's suggestion is very valid.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

One of the things which appealed to me about the air bed concept was not having to flip the mattress. But, in the end, we found the mattress from Original Mattress factory and love it. Just depends on what you like and need.

Coopersburg, PA(Zone 6b)

I don't know - I had the opportunity to sleep on a 'heavenly bed' at a Westin Hotel recently - I slept without stirring all night and my back felt wonderful. I missed it when I got home and I'm thinking about saving my pennies so I can afford one...it doesn't adjust like the craftmatic, but I didn't feel that it was necessary... What about the SAM or the Tempur-Pedic ?

Nicholson, GA(Zone 7a)

i just got a hospital bed and for the first time in 4 years i have had a full nights sleep , actually 30 hours of sleep. it is the twin bed kind and has a alternating air mattress overlay. i have to say i love it and do enjoy sleeping again.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.