Is shipping plants to France a problem ?

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Someone wants me to send a Fuzzy leaf Kalanchoe to them in France. Are there the same problems as sending to Canada??Will they be help up in Customs once they arrive??

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Import regulations of plants into the EC are also very strict and item may be lost or held up in customs.

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

I took a chance and am happy to report that the pkg did arrive in good order in less than two weeks. As advised by the PO, I sent it priority Air Mail, it only cost $5.60 instead of the $10.00 Global Express.

little hadham, United Kingdom

Azalea, did you send seeds or plants? Thank you!

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Plants - I really hesitated because once before I sent some plants to Ireland and it took almost 2 months for them to arrive, needless to say they were pretty DOA! Customs was holding them.

I told this person of that experience, but they insisted I try and sent me postage in advance. I was relieved to know they arrived in good condition but I don't plan to make a habit of it.

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

It's a game of chance to ship plants across international borders.
You can always go through the hassle for the importation permits but to spend 60 dollars on permits, phyto and inspections for 10 dollars worth of plants is not very appealing ;).

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.