Daily Support, Tuesday Nov. 11 (Challenge wk. 13, day 4)

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

I almost feel superstitious saying this - the scale is down almost four pounds from Saturday. I know - bad to check the scales so often, but that's what I do.

It has given me some renewed enthusiasm and I intend to fight very hard to hang onto these losses. I'm still continuing the low carb eating (some changes to decrease the saturated fats). This will definitely get me into the gym tonight.

I had pretty much forgotten what positive reinforcement feels like during a diet after months of no progress or minimal progress. To be honest, this is really the first time in MONTHS that I can say - "wow, that's great".

I know four pounds isn't realistic for a week, but it puts me down a pound from my lowest point a few weeks ago and hints at moving me down into the next ten pound block on the scale.

So, I'm happy to report some good news instead of gloom and doom. And what this has told me - that even when I didn't care (my whining on Saturday), I persevered and have results for NOT giving up. No idea - maybe having such lackluster results during this challenge has given me the strength to endure the bad times.

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!