How do plants get added to the database?

Midland, TX(Zone 7a)

My county extension just sent me a list of plants suitable to my area and on it is "Japanese Black Pine" (Pinus thunbergii) which isn't listed in the Plant Database. I'd like to see photos, get info... I know it's commonly used in bonsai but I'd like to know about its care and habits when allowed to grow to normal size.

So this brings up the question, "How do plants get added to the database?"

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

The Plants Database is somewhat unique in that our members create each entry, and then they and/or other members can add images, information, and comments. Once an entry has been made, others can share the information they have on the plant; anywhere there is an "unknown - tell us" hyperlink, the reader can can click on that link to check the appropriate boxes for the plant.

If their information isn't something that can be reflected via checkboxes, it can be added as a comment. There are links to add images and comments beneath the entry and any other comments that have been submitted.

If a user doesn't see these links, they'll need to create a free username and/or log in with their username and password.

Midland, TX(Zone 7a)

My question was, really, not so much theory as practice. Where exactly is the link that allows me to add a plant. (I have since found it -- and misplaced it -- and it's something the FAQ needs.)

The link to add a new plant is on the homepage of the Plants Database. Just scroll to the bottom and click on "» Add a new plant to the list."

best,
dave

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

Sorry, nowheat - I should have read your question more closely :)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images