Cool looking eclipse

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

I am looking out of the window right now and the moon has a reddish tint..anyone else is watching?

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

Yes I been watching it. I keep looking out the window watching the change.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I watched just a bit ago when walking the dogs. I'll see if it looks any different...

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

When I saw it earlier, it was mostly red with just a little white at the bottom. Now it has about 1/2 white with the remainder of the sphere faintly visible in red.

Here's a neat sight about lunar eclipses: http://www.mreclipse.com/Special/LEprimer.html

This message was edited Nov 8, 2003 9:25 PM

Mount Prospect, IL(Zone 5a)

Darn! It's overcast as usual, so can't see a thing. The moon seemed to be extra bright last night. Great site, GW!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Isn't it neat? Wish I'd known about this eclipse sooner and read this information in time: http://www.mreclipse.com/LEphoto/LEphoto.html

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

I took a pic as it started...very hard for me to get a good one.

Thumbnail by weeds
Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey, you're way ahead of me - I didn't get any pictures! That's cool, Weeds!

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Thanks GW...what an intriguing event.

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Yes we did it is beautiful.

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

We went out to watch it, but got run inside by the mosquito truck. LOL. I think we were more of a sight to see than the eclipse - me pushing my sister's wheelchair, her holding the baby, running down the street to get away from the mosquito truck ...

What we saw was cool, tho.

Cheri'

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I knew the mosquitoes in Louisiana were big, Cheri', but I had no idea they could DRIVE, too!! ;)

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

LOL!!!!!
NOoooooo, anything but that!

The truck that sprays the skeeter-poison, mainly because of the West Nile thing. It's awful. 'course, I guess it's better than West Nile, but you wouldn't think so if you were caught outside when the dang thing passes.

Cheri'

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Yes I saw it as I told the kids and Dh go to see it. I didn't care about it. LOL I am all pain and feel so horrible. I just come back in and been very, very sick with bad bronchitis or pnemonia. My boy, Matthew is sick with bronchitis and is on breathing treatment machine.

The mosquites are soo bad over here! I told them to hurry and come back inside!

Cape May Court House, NJ(Zone 7a)

Watched it here in NJ too!!! VERY COOL!!!!!!

sue

New Iberia, LA(Zone 9a)

Oh I am so sorry you are so sick also Matt poor thing baby hope you all feel better soon. (((HUGS)))

Crossville, TN

I watched it while walking Tessa. Very nice.

As to the mosquito truck...when we first moved to Va. Beach I didn't know about the mosquito spraying....but my 5 year old RAN in the house yelling "Mosquito Man is coming!" LOL Jo

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

We could see it from the living room window, from the warmth of the house! Pretty cool, eh? Eventually me and DD went out and shot two bottle rocket firework thingys into the sky towards it! Yay!!!....

(MiniSchnuz, hope you feel better soon. And also baby Matthew.)

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

I snapped some pics too but I haven't downloaded them yet. In the viewer they all looked like flaming half moons. I am going to have to figure out the trick to getting pics of lights and night, well night pics all together. LOL

Mini, I am sorry to hear you all are sick again or still sick. Get well soon!

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hope you both feel much better soon, Tricia!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.