A Bunch of Pictures

L.A. (Canoga Park), CA(Zone 10a)

Some cactus pictures for your enjoyment, I hope.

Arizona rainbow cactus

Thumbnail by Kelli

claret cup

Thumbnail by Kelli

an echino-something

Thumbnail by Kelli

echinopsis

Thumbnail by Kelli

epiphyllium "Roman Holiday"

Thumbnail by Kelli

a gymocalycium?

Thumbnail by Kelli

Notocactus schlosseri?

Thumbnail by Kelli

Nyctocereus serpentinus

Thumbnail by Kelli

Lobivia "Fire Chief"

Thumbnail by Kelli

pancake cactus

Thumbnail by Kelli

peanut cactus

Thumbnail by Kelli

a cold-hardy opuntia

Thumbnail by Kelli

Pereskia grandifolia

Thumbnail by Kelli

Pereskia saccharosa

Thumbnail by Kelli

Rebutia muscula? Doesn't this almost look like a teddy bear holding a bunch of flowers?

Thumbnail by Kelli

a Christmas cactus

Thumbnail by Kelli

I don't know what this is called.

Thumbnail by Kelli

Opuntia ficus-indica

Thumbnail by Kelli

Santa Rita prickly pear

Thumbnail by Kelli

silver cholla

Thumbnail by Kelli
Noblesville, IN(Zone 5a)

Your cactus are beutiful. I love cactus but never can seem to get them to bloom except the Pink Chrismas Cactus I have.
That Claret Cup is so pretty.

I suspect that cactus will bloom better if they can be kept outside. The claret cup was in someone's yard in El Paso, TX. I don't know whose yard it was, but I had to have a picture of it.

Mesilla Park, NM

Hi Kelli,
I love your cactus.. we have a cactus garden going too, but i just dropped my digital, (I am in alot of Trouble).. or I would take current photos..

Going crazy collecting Epi's, X-mas Cactus and such.. mine are not named though.. I did get an order for six of them from Epi's by Pat but they are small still. I guess I have three years yet to see them bloom.. oh well. Here's one that bloomed this year (don't know the name). This is the one that got me hooked..lol.. it is a cutting from a friend, good thing it had one bud on it when she gave it to me.

Thumbnail by Gourd
Lappeenranta, Finland(Zone 3a)

Did you get my mail Kelli?

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

Kelli, I love them all , but especially the epi. I've grown to love them as well.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

Lovely collection, Kelli. So neat to see them all in bloom! Mine have never bloomed either, but I have to grow them in the house most of the year due to the temps. This year I have them on a set of shelves that have florescent lights. So maybe they will be more inclined to bloom, or even to grow would be nice!

I do have a hardy cactus/succulent bed started outside with mostly prickly pears, which haven't bloomed either! I just think they are so fascinating. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Here's a pic of some of mine growing in a half barrel. They are about 3 years old.

Thumbnail by roshana

Roshana, I like your barrel garden. It actually reminds me of the beach, since the sand is the color of California beach sand, and around here, prickly pears grow on the hills facing the beach.

Jacksonville, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks, Kelli. The ground on this farm has lots of sand in it. It's on a bluff above a river and sand is the major component of the soil. But although none of the acres are being farmed now, in the past it has produced great crops, which always surprises me because of the sandy loam. I'm hoping that soil encourages my cactus bed to bloom and grow and grow and bloom! I just love cactus but I'm in the wrong part of the country for them!

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil(Zone 11)

Ah, I want to show you my cactus too... even though thatīs not exactly a typical one

Pereskia grandiflora

Thumbnail by Monocromatico

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.