Hello Everyone

Norlina, NC(Zone 7a)

I am not what you would call new, I've been a member since August of 2001, but I am just subscribing. I look forward to getting back in the swing of things with trades, etc. I have gotten some really great trades from here but had to stop because of health reasons. I live in NC and I love perennials and herbs. I am just getting into roses and plan next year to just work on them. My perennials are right where I would like them to be although I could always add more :) I am concentrating on creating a rose garden right now and hopefully it will be ready by planting time. I can't wait to get together with all of you in the forums!!
Karen

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Karen, a big welcome from Asheville!

Crossville, TN

Welcome...glad you are a subscriber and can enjoy the Garden to it's fullest! Jo

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome from Michigan. You will be oooooooh so glad that you became a member.
Alice

A warm welcome to DG, Mom2Four!

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome to the garden mom2four.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

karen - welcome. enjoy.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Join right in, we'll be expecting you any minute.

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome, Karen. Glad to have you here. This is the place to be if you like to garden...so join on in.

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome to the greatest garden on the web.

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Washington Welcomes you and I hope you enjoy this as much as we all do.Ernie

Brewers, KY(Zone 6b)

welcome!

Norlina, NC(Zone 7a)

It has been so long since I wrote this and so much has happened. I was looking at some of my posts and found this one I had not responded to. I just wanted to say a big hearty thank you to all who welcomed me. I have been so busy reading and catching up on all I have missed since I took a break. I have been planting rose bushes like crazy and getting new garden beds ready for spring planting. Just wanted to say thanks again for all of the welcomes!!!!

Spokane, WA(Zone 5b)

Welcome Back!

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

Add another Welcome Back to Dave's Garden from Iowa, mom2four. Although it's still wintertime here in Central Iowa, it's always sunny and warm in this Garden.
Iowaron

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

Karen welcome back-glad your here! :)

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

I just saw this...
Karen is one of my dearest friends in the world!!
I'm so glad you're back online sweetie. Now.... to get you hooked on Daylilies!!!!

Elkhart, IA(Zone 5a)

mom2four, welcome back! I have a son who lives in North Carolina. (Willmington) Hoping to go visit him in the spring.

Norlina, NC(Zone 7a)

Thanks again guys, I'm all smiles now :D!!!

Ahhh Melissa, my current passions are Cannas and roses, you'd probably kill me to know that I dug up all of my daylilies this past fall, they kinda got on my nerves taking over everything LOL Don't know if I can get up a good liking to them right now ;)

anahi, Wilmington is about 3 hours from me, down on the coast, I'm in northcentral NC north of Raleigh :)
Karen

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

She is in the middle of NO WHERE!

It took us forever and ever to get from the coast to her house, and forever and a day to get from her house to the border!!! LOL

for shame digging up Daylilies!!! I know where you could have sent them!!

Canna's huh??? LOL you know how many Roses I have! Teach me to take cuttings!!

mom2four, welcome back from yet another Iowa gardener. I'm exploring a few more canna this year, but I might do to my roses what you did to your daylilies!

Norlina, NC(Zone 7a)

I know shame on me, I could have traded those daylilies but I wasn't active here then sooo, forgive me please, I am sure some survived along with some liatris, sedum, Joe Pye Weed, and mums I tried to get rid of.

Rose cuttings are super easy, you don't have to root them before shipping to most people for trades which makes it even easier :) I have 17 bareroot rose bushes on order, supposed to ship sometime next week. Larry has dug 6 holes for me already, waiting for him to dig the other 11. I have to fill up all this empty space around my house.

lilyfan, leave those roses alone!!!!! I can see them shaking in their shoes when they see you step outside LOL

Karen

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

Hi Mom2four, this should jump start your daylily addiction again. It's 'Alaqua' and a real eye catcher.
Iowaron

Thumbnail by Iowaron
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Hi Karen, welcome to the inside of Daves Garden. Hope to meet you around the forums from time to time. Glad you decided to come on in.................Shirley

mom2four, I threatened those roses last fall and told them if they didn't straigten up and grow this year they were goners!

Seriously I just don't think they like the soil where they are. Plenty of sun, moisture, mulch, and air movement. They just don't amount to anything. This will be the third full season and they better grow better!!! OR ELSE!

TUCSON, AZ(Zone 9a)

mom2four, i like that name. welcome hope you enjoy being here. Binky

Norlina, NC(Zone 7a)

Iowaron, that is a really pretty daylily, it's just that I can't abide bullies in my garden and daylilies have proven to me that they are real thugs. But your photo did inspire me to look at some new Irises ;)

lilyfan, you'd probably think I've gone wacko since I ordered 17 rose bushes so far this year. I got 4 of them yesterday and am impatiently waiting on the other 13 LOL Do you use alfalfa with your roses, compost? The two of them will make a world of difference :)

binky1972, I chose that cause I have 4 kidlets, 2 girls and 2 boys. Thanks for the welcome, I'm thoroughly enjoying my stay here :)

Johnston, IA(Zone 5a)

Mom2four, I've not had the daylily become overly aggressive in our gardens, if so, I'd set up a roadside stand and sell 'em by the clump! :-) I guess because I normally buy bare root or small double fans, I'm always impatiently waiting the two years to get the first "good" blooms. Must be the difference in our growing climates, but I wish ours would be ready to divide a little sooner than 5 to 7 years. (I know I'll regret saying that)
Ron

mom2four, I have a bag of alfalfa pellets in the van and compost in a pile in the pasture. Won't they work from there?

Seriously, I was using the pellets for my hosta, but never gave it any thought when it came to the roses. The compost I use regularly as my mulch. When should I put the alfalfa on the ground around the roses? We are thawed right now but there is no sign of growth yet.

Norlina, NC(Zone 7a)

Wow Iowaron, daylilies here need dividing almost as soon as ya get 'em in the ground they grow and spread so rapidly. Not sure if anyone will want mine, but I did see several poking their heads out as I was out planting glads the other day. I think I'll take some with me to the Plant Exchange down here in April.

lilyfan, nope I don't think they'll work from the van or pasture LOL
In all seriousness, I think that you can put the alfalfa down now, as most of what I read is that it is used for early season growth. I put mine down in early February when my bushes started budding out, of course we have since gotten snow, but I think I had scratched it in well enough.

Thanks mom2four. I'll get some down tomorrow if at all possible. It is raining again right now so probably should have put it down today!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.