Rototiller Wrestling

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

This will be one of the only times that you will see me admit that I bit off more than I could chew.

Yesterday I wrestled with our 35 year old, mega-heavy Sears rototiller and I'm sorry to admit that the rototiller won.

My husband has been involved in the start-up of a powder metal plant for the last several months about an hour away from where we live, and rarely gets home before it gets dark. Yesterday was a beautiful day here in PA, and I had eight bags of leaves and lawn clippings to work into the garden. Knowing it was going to rain today and get colder......

Could I? Should I?

Of course, I could. How hard could it be? So I dragged this old dinosaur backwards up the side of the hill and proceded to rototill eight bags of leaves into my garden, which sits on the side of a slight incline.

Without going into detail, I will tell you that it was NOT even remotely as easy as I make it sound. I think I might have said a naughty word or two. Every muscle in my body today is telling me that I SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT!

My husband (who, to his credit, did NOT say "I told you so" with a chauvinistic twinkle in his eye) simply said "I guess I DO have some value around here after all."

I find myself wondering from time to time, why the Creator did not make women with the physical strength of men. I sure could have used it yesterday!

This thread has 16 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!