My GH in Oct. 03

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Here are four photos of my greenhouse in Oct. now getting crowded. The framework is 2 x 6, with 6mil plastic on the inside to creat a dead air space for insulation. It is now more than 8 years old, and i wish it were at least 4 feet longer, it is 10 x 14. it is built on the north east side of the garage. I don't keep anything in it in summer. Will be crowded from now until warm weather. Heated with one electric heater. Has a nice mister but the GFI kicks the electricity off if I can't keep the plugins dry. This first pic. is of east end before anything moved in. Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

This is a Abutilon megapotamicum hanging from the 2 x 6 ceiling. I usually have 15 or more hanging pots in there. Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I have a 400 watt HID light hanging from ceiling in the southwest corner of the GH. which I have to turn off to take a picture as it turns everything yellow. It puts out a strong ight and is good for growing plants. Here are a few of the seedling brugs growing under the HID. The south and west end wall are chipboard and are covered with shiny reflective aluminum to help plants get as much our of lights as possible. Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

This is a photo of Brug Pink Beauty. I bought it from Logees in April. It is now about 6 feet tall, and has quite a few small buds. I just hope a few of them open so I can see at least one bloom this year. I don't think it will grow much taller for awhile. Donna

Thumbnail by rutholive
Cedar Key, FL(Zone 9a)

It all looks great!

Tellico Plains, TN(Zone 7b)

I love your GH donna. I will be starting one for myself when it warms up next year, What did you use for the outer walls and roofing?? What is it built on to keep it from blowing away,that's my big worry as we get high winds here.
Some one already suggested corrugated polycarb for the roof.
Ahhhh...soon
Your plants have such a beautiful deep green, nothing like that around here anymore.
taa-taa,
§....just found this thingy,my real initials SS §

Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

Donna your greenhouse looks great. I have some flowering maple I would like to put in mine too. What temperature do you keep it at during the winter?

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

I keep the temp between 50 and 55 degrees with the low setting on the heater.

My greenhouse is part of the garage on the northeast corner. Have a lot of wind here. Last Tues. night winds up to 60 mph. Uprooted my 7 year old buddleia, which had a good root system, but that was the only thing really hurt. Lots of stuff blown around.

I think the roof and sides are polycarb, not corrugated tho. Still looks good after 8 years. At my other place the GH was corrugated milky-clear roofing type. After about 5 years started to look scratched and not as clear.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Nice greenhouse, nice plants. I hope your new brug blooms like it doesn't know it left Calif. Be sure to take a picture for us when it does.

Tonasket, WA(Zone 5a)

Thanks everyone. It is so nice on these cold days to go out to the GH and do whatever is necessary. The buds are still growing on PB, so I still have hopes of seeing a bloom or two. Donna

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.