adenium coop

columbia, SC(Zone 8b)

just wondering if anyone else got in the adenium coop.
I have only been collecting succulents for maybe a year or so and have been able to add to my collection some wonderful specimans through DG. I got one adenium through the coop that buriedtreasure hosted ( 3 kings ). I understand they came from thailand. There is also a thread started for growing them. I had been wanting one of these plants and was so happy to get my first at such a great price.

Mobile, AL(Zone 8b)

I got one of each color. I have a few others not from Buried Treasure and have not had much luck with them. Now I know that I have been giving them too much water and not enough sun. Since then they have been doing better. Hope you have good luck with yours.

Betty

hiram, GA(Zone 7b)

Okay I"m a beginner with succulents.....Dummy here got an adenium at krogers of all places, in one of their succulent sales in the florist section. It was just labeled succulent, and i plopped it into Miracle Grow potting soil. It's put on 1/2 an inch of growth. Do I need to pull it out of there? The bottom is firm, and the soil drains well. I water it when it gets dry....any other advice? It even has two branches on it and a new leaf forming. My house gets really cold, about 59-60 at night, waiting on the heater to get fixed....is this too cold? It's mid 60's to high 70's during the day though. Does it need to go outdoors during the day? What size pot should it be in? Help, don't want to kill this cool looking baby.

columbia, SC(Zone 8b)

This is the 'adenium obesum' variety,one year old grafted hybirds, and there is some information on the coop thread as well as an additional thread with information that might be helpful to you.
hope its helpful
http://davesgarden.com/t/405845/
http://davesgarden.com/t/405845/
edited for spelling
This message was edited Nov 4, 2003 12:05 AM

This message was edited Nov 4, 2003 12:09 AM

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Progress report

Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Progress report, this time with photo.

I've had mine inside, under lights since I got them. I'm getting leaves, have been watering a little more often. What now? From re-reading (thanks MVR) the above, I gather that I should remove any growth below the graft. When should I expect to see flowers?

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Columbia, SC(Zone 8a)

Another shot.

Thumbnail by LindaSC
Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

not one leaf on mine! :(

columbia, SC(Zone 8b)

mine rotted and died!!! boho!!!!!

gayle

Valley Village, CA

Do not water these plants unless they have leaves.
Also they are toxic.

Norma

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.