Challenge - Week 11 - Day 7 - October 31 - Friday

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

Happy Halloween, everyone! We have a very large bowl of candy for the kids tonight. I have not even tempted myself to "just have one" - it would be a LIE. One cannot just eat one mini Snickers if there is a mini Kit-Kat and another mini 3 Musketeers. Anyways, I should speak POSITIVELY and say that one who eats responsibly can have one tiny candy bar.

My weight is still holding steady (possibly down a half pound on my bad news, soon to be replaced scale), but the workouts at the gym have yielded a LOT of new muscle. When flexed, my back, abdomen, thighs, biceps, triceps - I can feel taut muscle (under a layer of "padding"). More and more, I am thinking that if I had not exercised so much, I would weight less and occupy more space. I continue to tone down - I think. Now I am REALLY kicking myself for not doing measurements.

I might ask someone at the gym if they have any information about the typical amount of weight "gain" with muscle. That would be an indicator of what I would have lost, had I not worked out so well. Only going 2-3 times a week, but I am very prone to muscle-building. Have always put on muscle easily.

Last couple of notes - sorry, I know I write too much. Today, I am going to an Indian buffet with co-workers. Indian food is my favorite. Please wish me the best - I do think I can find simple meat or non-starch dishes that will be enjoyable. I'm going to make an effort to drink at least three or four glasses of water before so I don't feel hungry.

Final note - I just checked UPS. My scale is here in the city, about ten miles away. I'm sure it will be here tonight or at the worst, tomorrow. Yipppeeeee. I am particularly anxious to get a good reading after this past month of agony. Maybe that's what I can remind myself at lunch today....."pssst, Sandra, wanna try out your new scale with good results, leave that Naan right there".

Have a great day!

This thread has 18 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!