hello from Japan

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hi everyone. I've found this DG more recently and got hooked as quick as flash! It is difficult to read English but all your comments are helpful to me. I couldn't find such a wonderful web site in Japan. What luck!
I like to grow plants from seed and my favorite plants are alpine plants and some kinds of small orchids.
This is my little orchid.(Neofinetia falcata)

Thumbnail by goldenfish
Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome Goldenfish
You will be able to practice reading english a lot. If you don't understand something we can try to word it in a way that will be easier for you.
You will love it here!!!
Your orchid is beautiful, I am very jealous, my zone 5 just does not allow me the beauty of orchids since I don't have a greenhouse.
Alice

North Tonawanda, NY(Zone 3a)

Welcome to the family, goldenfish! Your English is very good and it is a difficult language to master. Dave's Garden is a very friendly place that has lots of helpful people. Feel free to ask questions and post to the forums.
There is one for Orchid growers and many others that will interest you. I look forward to getting to know you.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

hi goldenfish - welcome to daves garden. think you will enjoy the site. language will never be a problem here.

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Welcome, goldenfish! Please don't let language be a problem. I love seeing the posts from all over, and we have quite a few regulars from all over the world.

We have at least 2 members who live in Japan that I know of. One is a woman, and her name here is tomtom; she lives in Osaka and does fantastic container gardening. The other is a man, Lophophora, who lives in Tokyo, but I haven't seen him post in quite some time.

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

Welcome goldenfish! Beautiful orchid :)

Welcome, Goldenfish! I think that your English is quite good. It is a pleasure to greet you as a new member of Dave's Garden.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hello, Alice,zone3_newbie,HERBIE43,darius,Dea,whiterose.
Thank you for the welcome and encouragement! It looks I'll enjoy this site with friendly members.
Alice, I also don't have a greenhouse. The orchid of the picture tolerant of cold. It can overwinter at outside in my area(9b).
darius, thank you for introduce other Japanese members to me. Yes! I have known Tomtom's web site for long time. Her garden is sooooo beautiful!!! Every time I'm looking longingly at her site!

Oak Grove, LA(Zone 8b)

Hi Goldenfish, Your orchid is beautiful, welcome to DG, these are a great bunch of people to hang out with. See you in post, Dee

Crossville, TN

Welcome, Goldenfish....you will make many friends here in this magical garden full of wonderful people. Jo

Horn, Netherlands(Zone 8b)

Welcome Goldenfish! I'm from the Netherlands but I'm born in Indonesia. You'll love this warm community aka Daves Garden. Great to have you here and I'm looking forward to meet you in Daves Garden.
Lenne

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hello Lenne,Jo and Dee.
Thank you for the welcome. I'm looking forward
to meeting new friends and new plants through this DG!

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

Welcome to DG! New friend and new plants are just the tip of the iceberg that you'll discover here at DG!
Candee

Lakeview, MI(Zone 5a)

Welcome Goldenfish, I'm new too and just learning my way around.We have long winters here in zone 5 in Michigan and DG will keep things interesting and informative. Again welcome.

OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

Welcome to DG, your world family!

hiram, GA(Zone 7b)

Welcome Goldfish from another newbie! I'd love to be able to grow orchids from seeds, just never been shown how. I have a great southern room that gets loads of AM sun.....plants love it in here!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Welcome to the garden. Hope to get to know you in the other forums. Enjoy your time here. It is a great place to meet people and I can't tell you how much I have learned from them.

Shirley

San Diego, CA(Zone 10a)

Greetings form California, goldfish. Wecome toDave's.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Candee,ZenZinnia,TwinLakesChef,spacecowgirl,Shirley,
Thank you for the welcome!
spacecowgirl,
Orchids need orchid fungus(I don't know how I explain by English,but it's a kind of mold) to germinate.
The orchid fungus are living at root of a orchid, so if you get some seeds, please sow them at other root of orchid. By the way, they say that it takes about 8 years to come into bloom from seeds. So, I've never sown orchid seed still now:D

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome to Dave's goldenfish. It's a great place, I'm sure you'll love it here.

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome from Oregon. Your orchid is beautiful, I hope to see more of your photos. We sure don't mind having someone practice English on us, just be glad we aren't practicing Japanese on you!

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Does anyone want to practice Japanese on me?? LOL
llilyfan, MaryE,
Thanks for the warm welcomes. This is my another little orchid(Habenaria radiata).Japanese name is 'SAGI SOU'
'SAGI' is an egret in English. It looks like a flying bird.

Thumbnail by goldenfish
OC, CA & Twin Lakes , IA(Zone 4b)

So pretty!

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

goldenfish - welcome! We have a few members from Japan and it's always great to see more. We have several members who enjoyed a group purchase of some Japanese Morning Glories. Your pictures are lovely.

I was fortunate enough to visit Tokyo for two weeks last year on a business trip. My only regret was that I didn't get a chance to see more of the countryside.

You'll find Dave's to be a place full of friendly and helpful people!

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I love the name, Goldenfish, Is there some reason for it?
Welcome from Louisiana.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hello sbarr and busybee! Thank you for the welcome.
sbarr,
I'm very happy to know that Japanese Morning Glories are loved in here.:) What a shame you missed Japanese countryside. Last weekend, I went for a drive to countryside. I send a picture for you, sbarr!
busybee,
There are no reason for my name. When I apply at here it just came into my head. I've worried about it sounds funny though, I'm relieved to read your comment!!

Thumbnail by goldenfish
So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

To me your name conjurs up lovely images of something like a golden koi...

Love your photo of the rustic dwelling with vegetation growing along the roof line!

Albany (again), NY(Zone 5b)

goldenfish - very pretty picture. Reminds me of a place that I saw near Kamakura, on the other side of a bridge where you walked over a lake.

Yes, there are many here who admire and enjoy Japanese Morning Glories - we have been able to acquire them twice as a group. If you're interested, there are some old threads in the co-op forum about our adventures! :)

Harrisville, MI(Zone 5b)

Welcome Goldenfish!!!My Daughter is learning Japanese as a hobby,send some to me,maybe she can help me learn your language also.We are a big happy family here,please speak freely,we will understand and learn with you.
I have liked the pictures you put up.very much!
Root.

Clanton, AL(Zone 8a)

Welcome, goldenfish. This is the nicest site to be in. Everyone is so friendly and willing to share information with others. You english is wonderful. Dont worry about that at all. I look forward to getting to know you. Robbie

Oklahoma City, OK(Zone 7a)

Welcome to our garden....

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Hi, Root,Robbie and smiln32,
Thank you for the welcome!
Root,
Your daughter is learning Japanese?! Great! I'll send you something later. How long is she learning?
Robbie,
Thank you for your encouragement.
I've started to post a few questions and coments to some forums and I realized how wonderful this DG is.(:

Edgewater, MD(Zone 7a)

Welcome goldenfish, You are in for a treat, this place is very special and made that way by all of its members. I know you will have a great time here. Glad you could make it.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6b)

Welcome goldenfish. I'm glad you found Dave's Garden. Welcome to our family. I have spent many happy days visiting around Japan, from Tokyo to Kyoto, Nagasaki, Kamakura, Hiroshima, and many other places. I visit about once a year for a week or two. In what prefecture is Tottori? I can't find it on my map.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Dravencat and Padre,
Thank you for the welcome! I'm enjoying a very good time to read many coments in here!!
Padre,
I'm living in Tottori prefectue.:) You couldn't find it?
Tottori is at the Sea of Japan side of the archipelago. Please try to find again!LOL
Not big city like Tokyo or Osaka though,region richly endowed with nature.

St. Louis, MO(Zone 6b)

goldenfish, I found it. Right in front of me all the time. I was looking south, near Kobe and Osaka. I took this picture of some of the lovely citizens of Japan who greeted me as I hiked some of the mountain trails west of Tokyo. So many happy memories.

Thumbnail by Padre
Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Thank you for finding Tottori, Padre:) There are so many kinds of beautiful alpine plants in Japanese mountain. I like them very much! They are very diffcult to glow though...!

Citrus Heights, CA(Zone 9a)

Hi Goldenfish,

Waving to you from Northern California, we share a similar growing zone! I'm a Newbie to Dave's Garden also.

I love your picture of the house. So peaceful looking. And your orchids are so cute. They look like flying cranes. I am fortunate to live near several wetland areas and I get to see cranes and herons now and then.

Again, Welcome to Dave's Garden.

Tottori, Japan(Zone 9a)

Thank you for the compliment,BastetMau! I'll post to your thread later:)

(Sue) South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Welcome goldenfish, don't know how I missed this thread. Better late than never though.
Sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.