7trellis and large arbor to fill

N. Vernon, IN(Zone 6b)

today he made it to the top of the list he built my arbor it is so pretty, he made me 7 trellis now I need to fill them with the prettiest climbers please help me with Ideas I order a lot of climbers (seeds) but I'm so new that I realy need help please There is a pic. of arbor in handyman Thanks to all

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Where you planning an perennial climbers? Or annuals?

I'm a morning glory fancier because they're so easy. If you can't decide they'll fill your trellis until you can decide on something more permanent. Clematis vines are always beautiful. There's so many colors and shapes to choose from too...

N. Vernon, IN(Zone 6b)

Thank you Poppysue, I don't know yet, just want the prettest I can get. I order both kinds of seeds but there not here yet.

Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

So glad you started this thread. I'm REALLY new to growing anything, especially vines, but I truly love them. I just put Pandora vine on a decorative trellis on the front of my apartment. In the back, on a little house-like utility shed, I have planted a Sweet Potato vine and a Passion Flower vine side by side on a trellis. Hopefully, one of them will live. (grin). The planting season has just started here, and since it is my first I am really excited! My neighbor is giving me a small plant off his Coral vine which has covered a large tree in his yard. Looking forward to pictures of your new trellis with your plantings.
Pati

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

There are so many pretty vines. Morning Glories, Passiflorias, Thumbergia, Trumpet vines, Clematis, Potato vines, Jasmine, Honeysuckle, Wisteria as well as climbing roses just to name a few. So as you can see you have a wide choice and can pretty well have what you want......Have fun planning and planting.......
Dee

N. Vernon, IN(Zone 6b)

I just got a start of Wisteria it's a big thing main root is 18 inchs has 5 starts coming off it I can't wait for it to grow

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.