Combining styles

Lincoln City, OR(Zone 9a)

I have most of my house decorated in county style things. I also have many things in storage that are from my years in Taiwan. I would like suggestions on how to make my living room a combination of both styles without looking too cluttered or stiff.

I was thinking of the walls being sponged a bright blue and maybe buy the loveseat and have it a blue also. My recliner chair is green and we haven't bought a new recliner for my hubby yet (it will probably be exactly like mine). Living room is fairly small too with two archways and two doors. I have things like collector plates, hobby horses, oriental statues, oriental chests, oriental scrolls and the list goes on and on. I just am unsure on how to make it look like they belong together and maybe they won't but I would like to try.

This thread has 9 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!