Finished Product.......

Crossville, TN

Remember the gourd I said was goig to be a Quail? Well, here it is. I "commissioned" a friend, Debbie, to paint it for me....I just gave her a picture post card of a Gambels Quail and here it is. I Love it! (I did do the beak...made it out of wood putty.)

Jo

Thumbnail by roadrunner
Crossville, TN

http://davesgarden.com/t/372751/

This is the Before picture. Jo

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Wonderful work, Jo! See, that's the problem ~ there's just too many darned choices with what to make :)

Crossville, TN

Morph....each gourd should "speak" to you and say "i want to be a ....." Yep...that's right! LOL Jo

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Mmmmm... Think I'll have to have some quiet time then to let them talk to me ~ maybe one on one as the group might just get too loud ;)

Mesilla Park, NM

Oh Jo, that is nice.. I like that.. your friend did a good job.. where are you going to put it? I would love to make something like that for my kitchen (maybe a chicken)..

Crossville, TN

It sits on the bar dividing the Kitchen and Living Room....along with the shakere gourd that Morph gave me. Jo

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

Oh, Jo, I must replace that ugly green one! I really wanted you to have the cedar colored one as the green did not turn out as I had hoped! Adding that to my to do list...

Crossville, TN

LOL Morph...bring it when you COME out to see me!! Jo

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I love it RR so pretty......good job to you and your friend..I gotta get busy on mine.
Maybe I can get to them by the first of the year.....
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.