$131,212.00 Greenhouse

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just reading in Greenhouse Grower magazine, this is the bid for a new 30' X 96' greenhouse for Southeastern Community College in Iowa. Must be nice to be the goverment and spend whatever on something.
I paid $500.00 for our 30 x 96 frame. Probably only have about$2500 in it altogether! It's about 6 yrs old now.
Bernie

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

hah... I bought my whole farm with 7 greenhouses that size for less than half the price.

and to think, I got some nice acreage with it too...

drew

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

YIKES!

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

1/2 that price??? That's it! I'm moving to Willawhereevertheheckyouare. :(

considerably less than half of it....
ya...
came with a well, a house, fert injectors, etc etc.

good deal really. but this is NOT like north georgia where your from... just remember that :-)

drew

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

north schmorth, I want a greenhouse!!! lol :)

i can get you a 24by96 for about 2g's....
includes a fan and heater.
go check out my buddies at atlas greenhouses.

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Hmm...that sounds great Drew, except that I'm living in fantasy land. My whole yard (house included) is only 50' x 100' or so. lol Of course I bet I could live in there...hmm...

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

HAHA! My gosh Bernie that seems true coming as a bid from the government doesn't it? It's not REALLY money (doh)! I remember hearing some SCARY prices the government was looking to contract for goods to rebuild after the hurricanes...one was the price they were paying for new toilets...gosh I wish I could remember the exact amount! It was so out there it was funny.

Nauvoo, AL(Zone 7a)

wow---LOL, this 2003 thread jumped a long ways but still interesting..

Raleigh, NC(Zone 7b)

really Cricket-I didn't even notice the year and here I was looking in this past month's edition of Greenhouse Grower...didn't find the article-now I know why! lol

Tampa, FL(Zone 10a)

Angie,

You could just build your greenhouse over you home. Think of what a nice yard you could have, just like Florida.

Thumbnail by DaleTheGardener

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.