Been a good year for my brassia

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Bought my Spider Orchid last year with 3 bulbs. It now has 14 bulbs and had been flowering constantly since June.
I'm soooo happy :)

Thumbnail by PanamonCreel
Lenexa, KS(Zone 5b)

Wow! I love that one!

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

Those are sooo cool. I don't have any of that genus yet. I just started buying ladyslippers (pahiopedilums and phragmopediums?). So far they have been doing as well as the dendrobiums for me. The dends are supposedly the least fussy orchids. Ladyslippers are supposed to also be pretty forgiving and require minimal fussing [care]. So far that has been true. The real test will be whether or not I can get them to rebloom.

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

I have a few Paphiopedilums some of which are happily multiplying but there are two which seemed not too healthy for some time yet seem to have revived as of late and are growing again. Paphs are easy as long as they have a nice "airy" potting medium and do not stand in water but at the same token the potting medium must never be allowed to dry out. I personally use coconut husk chips as potting medium for them and my brassia.
I do not have any Phragmipediums but I've heard that these are very sensitive to water quality and that their roots actually can stand in water without problems.

Orlando, FL(Zone 9b)

I read something that said to keep them both continuously wet. I usually keep both species of ladyslipper orchids in a little bit of standing water. They are all doing well. I need to start remembering to feed them so they will bloom for me next year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.