I think it will actually hit 90 degrees this afternoon!!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We just got home from Jack's appointments. Note I said we. The doctor just ordered some med changes that should get more fluid off his heart, lungs, and legs and said to come back in 3-4 weeks and again in 12 weeks. Then we may even get to start going to a hospital lab in Marshall(about 18-20 miles from home)instead of driving all the way to Columbia just to get some blood drawn and wait an hour or more for the results . That would be such a relief. It's about 62 miles from home to the VA hospital in Columbia. I'm always thankful for the hospital, the care he gets, the reliable van and fuel to get there, etc. but it is a long tiring trip for both of us and it takes up at least 4 hours of a day.
Anastasia is quite upset at being separated from Marie. She has torn up her bedding and stuffed it in a corner and refuses to sleep in it. I have given her washed shop towels and TP instead of the pine chips. Last night she tried to get out of the bird cage and did succeed in dislodging the water dish and spilling the water all over the bottom of the cage. I put more mastitis ointment in the wound this morning. A vet told me many years ago it is a wonderful all purpose med to have on hand. At that time I had a horse with an eye injury/infection and he told me to use it for that. He said if it can go into a cow's udder it sure won't hurt anything else.
I'm going to go lie down for a bit then see if I can get some planting done. At least here at home. I feel much better today than I have for some time. Thank GOD, I
am sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time.
GOD bless and keep each and all of you.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!