Allamanda on my fence

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

Planted last year! Gone crazy!

Thumbnail by Melba_Ga
Fort Pierce, FL(Zone 10a)

This is so beautiful. Obviously you are dealing with the soil here in Ft. Pierce better than I am! Of course I am a VERY late starter in gardening. Up until my retirement I only grew "office plants", so I am just learning about the out-doors kind. Just starting with window boxes and some containers and a LOT of books. LOL
Pati

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Wow, that is gorgeous. Would love to have one again. Mine died a couple of years ago. However, I keep thinking about the space it takes to overwinter and I don't go on that buying spree. LOL!!

Toadsuck, TX(Zone 7a)

Oh you lucky Floridians!! Brown Bud, right??

"eyes"

Hi , GagalinFL ! I live in 10a on the other side : ) Ughh Allamanda, time to wack this one back !!

Thumbnail by
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

John, when you whack that one back, could you possibly stick some cuttings in with my other plant. I have rooted this one in perlite with good luck. I ordered one this year from one of the co-ops, but it didn't live. My brown bud didn't either. If you have to whack before you mail to me, that is okay. I'll just order one again from Kartuz. Thanks!!

Commerce, GA(Zone 8a)

John, I purchased one the color of yours last Sat. at the plant sale here at the University. Hope mine will be as pretty as yours! Here's another view of mine.

Thumbnail by Melba_Ga
Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

GagalinFl, your brown bud allamanda is so pretty. I got one this year and it didn't get very large so didn't have any problem digging it up to bring inside this winter but if it grows like that here I sure will hate to cut it back.

Newnan, GA(Zone 8a)

john, is that the one you sent me?

GagalinFl, That's great they realy grow fast here...The reason I cut mine back is that they bloom on new wood,Plus they slow down a bit in winter and go semi-dorment.
tiG , If you look hard in the picture there are two types the all purple and one that has a chocolate color I took two cuttings for you and one did not make it so that's why I put LMK what color on the tag : )

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.