Hyacinth Beans finally ripe! Yippeee!!!

(Carole) Cleveland, TX(Zone 9a)

I have been so excited to see the MANY MANY beautiful purple bean pods start to ripen so I could share seeds.

FINALLY today, I found several pods that were dry!! YEA!!
Did I take pictures first?! HA! I was so excited, I picked them, brought them in, shelled them and now they're on a paper towel to dry (or to be SURE they're dry enough to store and share).

Love this plant!
~ Carole

Thumbnail by Cajun2
Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

Looks like you will have a lot more to pick one day. They are pretty vines and I may have to talk to you about some seeds later. Our summer isn't long enough to get a good crop and this year I didn't plant any.

You bet, Brugie!
In fact..... do you by chance have any seeds left from this beauty:
http://plantsdatabase.com/showpicture/7775/

If so ~ wowser! I'd LOVE to trade! LOVE that color of blue!
And great images ; )

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Cajun2, I thought those grew wild in & around Cowtown! lol
I didn't know MG came in other colors. That beautiful blue is all we ever saw when I was growing up.
Definitely a fine shade of blue!!!

Chariton, IA(Zone 5b)

The one in the page you linked to doesn't set seeds at all. I bought it from Logees and keep a start over the winter each year. Wish it did set seeds. Sure would be easier than holding over ANOTHER plant.

Shirley

San Antonio, TX(Zone 8a)

I would love to have a few of the seeds if you have any to spare.I know I am jumping the gun but would you keep me in mind when they are ready? Pleaseeeeee! Thanks
Jan

Tombstonejan ~ if you're referring to my Hyacinth Beans... sure! And they're ready! Send me an email and we'll work something out.
~ Carole

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.