Auctions and husbands

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Today, my DH went to an auction. He had several items he had put in the consignment auction and went to sort of oversee it.

Well, I had farmers' market, so couldn't be there to "watch" him. Gotta watch out for husbands at auctions! :)

He called me on the cell phone and said, "I bought something." I'm thinking, "OH no!" He did this to me before...at an auction we were both at, but I turned my back for a minute....and voila..

I know you're asking, "Well, what the heck did he buy?" Well, he bought a truck bed camper (not in the best of shape, someone else's junk). He said, "You told me on the way home from the KYRU that you would love to have a mobile home." Yes, but this was not my idea of that, I believe it was more like RV. He said, "I couldn't pass it up, I only paid $5.00 for it!" Well, who could argue with that. I looked at it after the market and, oh my....does he have his work cut out for him. I said, "It's a mess and I'm darn well not cleaning it...." :)

It brought back flashbacks from the other auction a few years ago. They had a bus for sale. It had been IN the hillside so long, trees were growing through it. When I turned my back, he bought it for $55. I made him sell to the other guy bidding against him and we lost $5.00.

Oh husbands and auctions. I do own a beat up camper right now, but thank the Heavens, not a bus! :)

Happy Day,
Kathy @ Misty Meadows Farm

This message was edited Oct 18, 2003 8:20 PM

This thread has 46 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!