Trip to Lenjo's gardens, part 2

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Looking out from the front yard. The grotto in the first series is just out of sight to the left. Looking from left to right you can see the dahlia field, a good sized collection of roses and the greenhouse. Sorry, this picture is a little bit dark but I thought you'd like it anyhow.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Joann was digging something up for me, I came home with a lot of plants.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

A bright spot near the house. The next 2 photos move to the left of this.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

This trellis is made of poles and welded farm fence panels.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Lily beds.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

More of the back yard. Lots of variety. I'd love to see it all in bloom.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

More beautiful dahlias. These don't quit until the frost gets them.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

One more pretty face. Here is where I ran out of room in the camera, so that's all folks.

Thumbnail by MaryE
Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Mary, what are you up to? I think people need to realize my DH and I have lived on this farm the whole of our married life.We bought our farm on Monday(at least my DH was notified he would receive his Veteran's Loan) and the following Saturday we were married. The wedding date was set before the loan application was made. And that has been 31 years ago almost. So I have had many years and a helpful hubby to do a lot of what I do. He has been by designer for part of it and part of it is just raggle taggle me.So Donna and Susan there are advantages to farm life. A little more room perhaps but then I could tell you lots of stories about some of the disadvantages to being a farmer's wife. But overall, I wouldn't trade it. God has been good to us and I must really give Him the credit. He makes all the beautiful flowers and plants.

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

VERY VERY NICE!!!

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Joann, I meant to ask you if the lilies will become a commercial crop someday. I included that picture here just to show the scale of your planting areas, people will have to use their imagination to see the flowers on them. You have included so many great ideas into your gardens that even without things in bloom they make interesting pictures. Thirty years of diggins! Most of us don't have that advantage, plus the hubby help is a true blessing. I got nearly everything planted yesterday, and a few of them are mystery plants already (memory, what memory?) I'll email you to ask about those.

Cortlandt Manor, NY(Zone 6a)

So so nice -- I am really enjoying these pictures!

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Mary, I planted the Mary's Homestead Iris as I have dubbed them. Thanks so much. No the lilies are not a commercial venture. I would like to be able to sell a few cutflowers. I have a couple of women who pick for churches.

Really enjoying all these pictures. I can't imagine being surrounded by this all the time. So Beautiful!

Frederick, MD(Zone 6a)

All these years together have certainly resulted in such beauty! God Bless the both of you as He certainly has - your gardens are really, really incredible!

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

This is such fun to see your gardens.
When I saw the greenhouse..I thought.."that must be where my roses were grown"
Thanks Joann.
Thanks Mary for giving us the tour.

Laurel, DE(Zone 7a)

That is like a stroll through a garden dream magazine. Geez, I would be just pick, pick, picking all the time those gorgeous blooms. Thanks for sharing Mary!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.