coleus, petunias and cosmos

Thumbnail by ecobioangie
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

fancy geraniums and some other stuff

Thumbnail by ecobioangie
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thumbnail by ecobioangie
Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

One of my little tropical corners...still waiting for the plumeria to bloom...

Thumbnail by ecobioangie
Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

Very pretty, Angie. I really like the fancy geraniums. Is that plaque the Taj Mahal?

This message was edited Oct 17, 2003 1:01 PM

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks NoH2O! Yes it is. I couldn't find a good place for it inside and then I was like, duh...outside! lol

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I like the fancy geraniums too. I wish they would do well here I would love to grow some.....Your baskets are soooo pretty......... :o)
Dee

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I wonder why they don't do well there willowasp. They like it hot and dry. These are in a sphagnum moss lined wire basket and they never complained about not getting watered. Hmm...they even overwintered in an upstairs south facing window in this basket last year. I couldn't be happier with them myself. :) I wish you could grow them too.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Well it's hot here alright, but it's really wet and humid. I think its the humidity they don't like. I know the ones I see here are not really pretty either. Once in awhile you will see one that looks good but they don't usually stay that way.

We have so many things that do really well here I don't know why I even worry about it......LOL

But I am going to keep trying.

Years ago I had two that did really well one summer for me. But when It started raining alot, that was the end of them.......LOL
Dee

Mableton, GA(Zone 7b)

I don't think it could have rained more here this year than it did. We are still something like 4 inches over normal and we're used to droughts! So if I was you, I'd keep trying. :)
This planter was on the edge of the porch, so it didn't get drowned and it drains very well. But, I know the humidity was super high all summer. *shrug*

This message was edited Oct 20, 2003 1:12 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.