2003 Gourd Harvest

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Here they are, all different shapes and sizes LOL.

This message was edited Oct 14, 2003 2:08 PM

Thumbnail by RA49
Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

More hanging to dry.

Thumbnail by RA49
Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Last ones ( the best of the 3 kinds) SwanNeck, Dipper and Birdhouse.

Thumbnail by RA49
Crossville, TN

VERY NICE, RA!!! Jo

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

I love the swan gourds. You have a very nice collection.

These were supposed to be apple gourds but they are very flat. Perhaps you can tell me what kind they are. The largest one is 3 inches tall and the smaller one is 2 1/2 inches tall.

Thumbnail by busybee
Seattle, WA(Zone 8b)

RA, nice looking gourds. Will you do crafts with them?

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

I can't say Busybe what they might be. I really wonder if some of the seeds we purchase come from gourds that happened to get cross pollinated thus accounting for the many different shaped fruit on the same vine.

Stubbing my toe in the dirt here Sue, I still have 7 from last year not yet decorated LOL. I have a friend wanting some so likely that is where these will end up. I grow them for the pleasure of growing them mainly, I don't have a craft bone in my body, truth be told.

This is my last post girls, my subscription to Dave's Garden is up in a couple of days and i am not renewing it.
I have enjoyed this forum immensely and wish each of you 'happy growing and crafting'.

I will try to get word to Morph next year on how I manage [ or don't manage LOL] with the monster gourd seeds.

(Zone 5a)

RA49 nice collection you have there and I love your swan gourd, I didn't get one off my plant this year :(

Busybee I think that they are canteen gourds. You can see the photos of them here http://www.zittelgourds.com/Gourds.htm

This message was edited Oct 31, 2003 8:06 PM

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks Wind, That is the ones.

(Zone 5a)

Your welcome :)

Dayton, OH(Zone 5a)

What, RA? I thought you were staying! Nice harvest you have there! How can you leave us in suspense?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.