Another Thumbergia

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I saw this at a nursury close to me and I am wondering if they may have labled it wrong. It was labled Thumbergia Battiscombe, Mercer Blue.

I have a Thumbergia Battiscombe, Mercer Blue. My flowers are much darker then these, they are a deep purple blue. Mine is in shade and stays there, where theirs is in direct sun all day. Would that cause the color of the flowers to be different? Or could mine be labled wrong?
Thanks......... :o)
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

And this is mine. You can see a real difference in color..

:o)
Dee

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Covington, LA(Zone 8b)

The lighter colored flowers are thunbergia grandiflora. The color of your battiscombi is really pretty. I have not been lucky with battis. It always gets mealy bugs very badily and dies.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

WW, Yours looks just like my T.grandiflora from Logee's.
http://www.logees.com/store/prodinfo.asp?number=R1583-2&variation=&aitem=2&mitem=8

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks so much Girls. I know now mine is labled right and will inform them next time I go out there.
I did look this flower/plant over pretty good and as so many have stated "No Seeds" on yours, theirs had "No seeds" either.... :o)
Dee

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Willow, at which nursery did you get it?
Are going to try and take cuttings of the Sky Flower vine?

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Hi Smockett, I got this at a nursery in Kemah,don't remember the name of it.

We were out running around Sat and just happened by it. They really had some pretty stuff and I wish I could have stayed a few hours.....

I did get a Dutchman's Pipe there, it's the Aristolochia gigantea, that one I am really anxious to see bloom.

Yes, I am going to try and take cuttings of the Thumbergia as soon as it gets a little bigger. I have been looking at the spent blooms and hoping it will produce seeds for me.
:o)........Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.