Hippeastrum johnsonii

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

I would love to find a US source for this hardy amaryllis; I know Plant's Delight has it for $15 a bulb but you have to have a minimum order of $60 and I just don't want to spend that. I did it last year for my dahlia imperialis but not again. Also Brent and Becky's Bulbs don't have it yet. Mark or anyone else have an idea? I checked the BulbMeister and I see the information on it on his web site.

Antrim, Northern Ire, United Kingdom(Zone 8b)

Are there any members living near to Plants Delight that can walk in and buy it for you? I would.

(Zone 5a)

Lenjo you can find them here for $15 http://www.durionursery.com/bulbs.htm

Mount Angel, OR(Zone 8a)

Thanks for the information, wind. Am I remembering correctly that you wanted a start of an alstromeria aurantica that I posted a picture of? Didn't you tell me these come from a bulb? If so I will check this week and see what is under those plants. They look pretty died back now.

(Zone 5a)

Yes they do have bulbs, I just dug mine up last week to store them over the winter. I would love to have some of yours.
If you can wait until spring I will share mine with you if you would like.

(Maggi) Big Sandy, TX(Zone 8a)

Lenjo! I have been on a hunt for Alstroemerias practically since I moved to Texas 12 years ago. I have A. psittacina in both green and variegated but am longing for other species and colors.

Can you point me in the right direction for finding some to purchase?

This message was edited Apr 20, 2008 11:26 AM

Touch of Nature had them for much less than that IIRC. Call them and ask even if you don't see them on the website.

Link, Sweden(Zone 5b)

And I I have been on a hunt for for Hippeastrum johnsonii for a couple of years, but not find any sourch in Europe.
Sylvia

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

http://www.bigdipperfarm.com/cgi-bin/searchstuff.pl?Botanical=Hippeastrum
This the link for Big Dipper Farm. They have it for 9.99 it looks like.

Barnesville, GA(Zone 7b)

Lenjo, check your dmail

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.