Would a round greenhouse heat better/worse than rectangle?

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Okay, this might be a dumb question, but I know where I can buy a nice large gazebo kit for a good price. Does anyone know if it would be easier or harder to heat??

Murfreesboro, TN(Zone 7a)

I don't think it's the heating that's so much of a difference (hoop houses are round on top; a gazebo-shape might even be easier to heat more evenly), but I wonder how easy it would be to find shelves/staging that would fit, unless everything is in big pots and resting on the floor.

Good question - I'll be interested to hear other thoughts and opinions....

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Ummm, all the important stuff will be large and in pots on the floor! LOL I can come up with something for benches/shelves with no problem. :)

Willacoochee, GA(Zone 8b)

less surface area being plastic would obviously save you heat.

Stockton, MO(Zone 6b)

I understand that a round or square shape would be more economical to heat than a rectangle. At least it is so with houses. I'm sure that what you use for the skin would have something to do with it also.

Weatherford, TX(Zone 7b)

I had a friend that built an octogon in the late 70's for a greenhouse and did very well in Ft Worth Tx winters because of all the sun in winter.He just used cheap plastic and removed it in spring.Not sure how much sun you get in the winters there.Geez I dont wanna be Zone 8,Im sure Zone 6 would kill me!Burr!!!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.