anemone experience?

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

I see the most beautiful anemones available this fall but they are hardy from zone 8 - 10. Has anyone grown them? Do you know if us frigid types can store the bulbs and start them like begonias? I want some; I really do.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Sorry, I don't grow them. Maybe someone else can help.

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

I grow 2 Japanese Anenomoies but they are hardy here Lynn in my Zone 5-6. They both are white, one flowers in the spring, the other is flowering now. You could grow these!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I have grown the Japanese variety as well...it lived
for three years but didn't come back this year.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

They weren't the japanese types. I am familiar with them; they sometimes make it here but often winter kill. Go to botanus.com look at the fall 2003 catalog. There are a number of these pretty things but the poppy anemone is calling my name.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

http://www.botanus.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=37016 ok, June.....these can be grown in containers inside a cool place..I've done it before..Elaine...............no wonder it's calling your name!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

What a beauty :)

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Called the people at Botanus and found that you can handle them like the begonia bulbs with the exception that they should be potted for winter storage in cool dark area so some are on their way to me. Will let you know how they work out Pam
Also ordered a drac from them and oh well a couple of other things too.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.