First Blooms..this late

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

I have waited on these "Black Eyed Susan Thumbergia" to bloom a long time...I was going to tear them out Sunday since I thought they weren't going to bloom. I wanted to go ahead and redo the bed for other things.........sure am glad I waited.....I had to get on a ladder to take this, they were way up in the tree....
LOL

Thumbnail by WillowWasp
Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

WillowWasp, Mine finally bloomed too. It did a lot of growing before it decided to cover itself with blooms. If I can cover it when the first frost comes it will continue to bloom until we get a freeze. It is loaded with seeds. Some people that can hear well can hear them popping when they are dry.

Thumbnail by busybee
Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i got some flowers today too. my mina loba is finally blooming too.

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

....the ones I had before seemed to bloom earlier. Guess it depends on when you can get them planted. I planted mine in late May...when did yall get yours planted???

Kentwood, LA(Zone 8b)

Whoa! There is no way I can remember that LOL It just seemed like it took a long time to get started.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

WillowWasp, now if you decide you need to 'tear' out any more that haven't bloomed for you, just give me a call & I'll come down & dig them up for you & stick in my new GH & see if they are ever going to bloom! lol

south of Grand Rapid, MI(Zone 5a)

I have the same thing only in a lighter shade of yellow - bloomed all summer, however I can't find any seeds to speak of. The empty bloom is there and there is a little (and I mean little) bump in it - I am assuming it is the seed. I didn't have any pop! Hmmm - what's up?

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

sarv48, you have to give them a little while. Check on them later, maybe in a few days and see what they look like then.. :o)
Dee

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.