Forsynthia Bush

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I would dearly love to have a start from a forsynthia bush if anyone has one. I do not have much to trade at this point but I would be happy to pay postage is anyone has one they would share.
thanks
So much
Alice

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Dear Aknapp, I have a HUGE forsythia that I would LOVE to share with you. I don't know the name of this particular cultivar as it was a "passalong" to me. I can tell you it needs LOTS of room but absolutely no care!!! I love mine!! In fact, I am going to trim it in a few weeks. Can you wait a little longer for them? I want to make sure it's not too warm to ship them to you. If we can't trade, S&h would be fine. What do you have that I might be looking for?

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Aknapp, I posted a quest. about forsythia here at DG that you ought to check out. As soon as I can, I will send the cuttings to you and you can root them. If I did it, you wouldn't get them til next spring. I can tell you from my own experience with it, though. I cut off about 4-5 stems and just stuck them in the ground, AND KEPT IT WATERED. No rooting powder or anything. Now it is a beautiful shrub. But I can't remember what season I did it in, though. It's been a couple of yrs. ago. Check out the post and LimeyLisas reply to my quest.

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Aknapp, I'm sorry but I forgot to tell you that the post is in the propagation board.

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

berrygirl
Why don't we wait until spring, by then I will be better organized and be able to more things to trade. Maybe I will even get my trade list in order (I have been working on it for 3 weeks and still haven't gotten it in a presentable manner)
Thanks so much for your help.
Alice

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Aknapp, that is fine with me. Just PLEASE remind me as I have an awful memory, ok?

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Now we may be in trouble I am not sure how good mine is either.
ThanksAlice

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Aknapp, do you still want Forsythia??? Mine is in full bloom now but I have a few "twigs" that I think have rooted over the winter. You are welcome to them. Please LMK ASAP, OK???

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

Hi berrygirl I am so sorry that I didn't see this sooner. I would love to have the starts if you still have them available.
Thanks so much for remembering me.

I am so sorry that I did not put this in my "watch thread" list. I was so new at the time that I could barely make my way around! (not sure if I am much better now some days)

Davena sent me one last fall that is doing really well, but I would love to another. They are such a delight in the spring when they bloom with that rich yellow color when everything is so boring to look at!
Thanks
Alice

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

alice when you come to the plant trade here-you can clip mine and take as many cuttings as you like! :)

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

You are tooooooo sweet thanks so much!!!!

Okay Berrygirl I guess I won't be needing it after all, but I sure do appreciate your remembering me!

Lakemont, GA(Zone 8a)

Aknapp, you are welcome and I will plant my lil babies somewhere else- I love them, too!!!
Mine was absolutely gorgeous this year, but it's out of bloom now- way too soon!!!! I really get blue when I see the blooms start to fade. I probably love this bush most of all. Notmartha, you are a very generous person!!
God's blessings to you both!!

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

I luv to share and make others smile!!!!!! :)
I think that part i get from my mommy

Cassopolis, MI(Zone 5a)

I think part of the reason I love them so much has to do with my mom also. She was not much a gardener and she once brought home about 100 twigs of different shrubs (and I do mean twigs) that she insisted on planting all along the edge of her yard. We teased her a lot about her twigs, but about 10 of them did survive and turn into very nice bushes and shrubs. One of those was a forsynthia that she had put right in the front of the house so whenever I see one it reminds me of her and brings back very pleasant memories of those days.

Alice, I am SO HAPPY! to read the bush I sent you last year is doing well!

Davena

Temple, GA(Zone 7b)

aknapp,
I have about 12 huge Forsythia bushes growing down the fence lineing the property. I am getting ready to finish up a trade and dig up about 7 rooted suckers. Would you be interested in any of these. They will be well rooted. LMK, and as for trading, I am not hard to please, or we could do postage.

Thanks,
Traci S

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.