Dave Barry and the Do Not Call List

Scotia, CA(Zone 9b)

As a result of his first article on the subject and the number of people that called the American Teleservices Association when he published their phone number they were inconvienianced by so many people calling them that they had to change their number and hire people to go through and delete all the emails they recieved. This from the folks who took it to court (and won it seems) because they claim it is their constitutional right to call us whether we like it or not! In his coloumn today he says "I realize that this makes many of you angry. I realize that many of you would like to, once again, let the telemarketers know how you feel. And I am, frankly, tempted to reveal to you here that the American Teleservices Association ( www.ataconnect.org )seems to have a phone line working (at least for now) at (317) 816-9336.

But would it be right to reveal this? I mean, yes, you could call ATA again but the ATA surely doesn't WANT you to call again. It's inconvienient! And to insist on calling somebody who doesn't want to be called, even if you have the legal right to call, well, that's just plain rude. So I am taking the high road."

I just wish that we had the numbers for all these services! Imagine the impact we could have on them!

This thread has 4 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!