Apple Gourds

(Zone 5a)

This is one of my Apple Gourd from this years garden. Most are elongated instead of being round but I did get lucky enough to get this one.

I know the photos are not very good but I had to hold, measure and take the photo myself. This one is the only round one of the bunch and it's 26 1/2" round

This message was edited Oct 18, 2003 10:57 PM

Thumbnail by windsurffer
(Zone 5a)

Elongated Apple Gourd 24" round. This is the same gourd I posted here http://davesgarden.com/t/394781/

This message was edited Oct 5, 2003 3:19 AM

Thumbnail by windsurffer
(Zone 5a)

Same gourd 16" long

Thumbnail by windsurffer
(Zone 5a)

These are the ones I brought in and you can see how the sides cave in a bit. I think this is due to all the flooding and the fact that they absorbed too much water too fast.
I just hope they dry without rottening.
The little one will rot, it didn't get the chance to mature but I thought I would throw it in for good meause lol

This message was edited Jul 19, 2004 1:50 AM

Thumbnail by windsurffer
Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Well done! I found it a rotton year for my gourds, tons of vines, very few fruit and I get the feeling some of the seeds I bought had been cross pollinated between gourd types.... there are some stranges shapes in my harvest.
I got all mine off the vines and hanging to dry, will try to get pics this week to post.

(Zone 5a)

Oh I love unusual gourds, they are the best kind to spark the imaginatioon. Can't wait to see your gourds.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.