On the elevator

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Not sure who wrote it, but it sure tickled me!

It happened just the other day when I was on the elevator on the top floor to see my insurance agent (12th floor).

A little old lady got on the elevator with me. The next floor down, two younger women got on from the Beauty Spa floor.

The little old woman speaks nicely to the young women and says, "my, what lovely scents. What are they?"

One woman turns her head a bit and says with arrogance, "aRomance by Ralph Loren, $150 an ounce!"

The other young and beautiful creature says just as arrogantly, "Chanel No. 5, $200 an ounce!"

The older woman didn't say anything, but I could tell she was insulted.

About 3 floors later, the older woman reaches her floor, and was about to get off. But before she left, she looked both beautiful women in the eye, then left them in a foul-smelling cloud.

As she departed, she said over her shoulder, "Broccoli, 49 cents a pound."

This thread has 2 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!