Epi Collectors in Ca

Dripping Springs, TX

Has anybody in California or anywhere else went to any of the large epi show in LA or San Diego? Is anybody a member of any epi groups?

Fayette, MO(Zone 6a)

I don't live in California and am not a member of any epi groups , but have gotten interested in them this year.
I posted several weeks back about having found a start of epiphyllum anguliger and never got a response. Would love to find some different kinds at some point.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

an Epi show.....WOW! I collect and would love to have been there...is there a good site on these, do you know? Elaine

Acton, CA(Zone 8b)

The best Epi show I know if is always on Mother's day at the San Diego Wild Animal Park in Escondido... pretty spectacular.

Valley Village, CA

Epi do flower on Mothers Day, that is when I bought my first one, actually for my grandmother, check with Rainbow Gardens Book shop, they are not doing mail order any more. They had a huge collection. The Huntington Gardens has a small collection and do sell at their May sale, and around the corner, there is Calif. Castus Center on Rosemead Blvd. (Ave) and they may be selling some. I collect some of the others in the family, but do not sell. I do trade, for almost anything except weeds. I do have a nice but small Rhipsalis collection(spelling?)Would that be of any help to anyone, I can also print out instructions on growing these nice basket plants.

Dripping Springs, TX

Norma you crack me up! --anything but weeds. There are very few people here in TX that have epis. The cactus and succulent societies don't really show them off enough. I have the epi handbook and it somewhat helpful. I've been trying out different soil recipes and am still somewhat distatisfied. I guess I must have about twenty varieties so far. I just marked them and cut them up for rooting recently. Any info would help. I wish I had time to got to California in May.

smithton, MO(Zone 5a)

what is the best soil for epis?...i have lots and it seems that i cant find a happy medium for soil moisture...they start to looking dry at the base of the plant....they continue to grow, but just look bad...any suggestions?

cindy

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

well, I know what works for me for the past years and that is a mixture of washed sand, some grit and sterilized potting soil...the sand and grit, make for super drainage! What do the others here use??

Valinda, CA(Zone 10a)

I use SuperSoil http://www.supersoil.com/ even for cuttings and rarely loose one. It is made up of sand and redwood bark amongst other things.

Dripping Springs, TX

I've been using a mix of sand,compost and camilla azalea soil.

Valley Village, CA

Desert-Rose, try Rainbow Gardens, they do not do mail order at this time, walk in trade only. Crasulady2

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.