Ribbons

Byron, IL(Zone 4a)

Thought I would share my joy with you all of my garden efforts this year. Today at a nearby town we picked up the ribbons we won. We entered 14 vegetables, and one flower arangement. We took 4-3rd place, 3-2nd.place, and 1-blue ribbon. With the drought this year I was pleasantly surprised, and some stiff competetion. It makes it all worth while.....

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Congrats! I'm so glad that you had a great garden...makes the rest of us have hope! :)

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

impiefish - terrific. have any pics of the veggies that one?

Santa Clara, CA(Zone 9a)

Congratulations, what veggies did you win with? Which one got the blue ribbon?

Byron, IL(Zone 4a)

Thanks for all the Congrats....We took 3rd place for green beans, beets, garlic and my flower display. 2nds for hobanaro peppers, leeks, and pears. 1st for sweet potatoes.
We put in all raised beds called lasagna gardening, 20 in all. It was alot of work and back breaking. The hardest shoveling was the manure. Ha.Ha., but true. We used straw, hay, compost, spagnum, dirt, grass, and top soil. They are breaking down beautifuly and looking forward to next year. The best thing is they are virtually weed free....

Thumbnail by impiefish
Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Congratulations! Your efforts paid off and you should have a teriffic year comming up. Weed free sounds great to me! I spend a lot of time fighting weeds.

Efland, NC(Zone 7a)

Impie....a truly wonderful SUCCESS story!

Great news! Glad you did so wonderfully good! Hope you continue your news flashes with us all. Such a celebration! Ya'll did good! Happy for ya! τΏτ

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Thanks for sharing this with us. If there are/were any doubters/scoffers in the area they should be convinced of the value of compost now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.