Hi from MS gulf coast

Pass Christian, MS(Zone 8b)

Been surfing this site for a couple of years and just FINALLY got around to subscribing. I have been on this site for hours today and am truly amazed at how kind, helpful and generous, and knowledgble the members are! I am originally from AZ where all I "grew" was a rock garden. Been here in MS (about a 1/2 block from the beach)for about 10 years and still can't believe the miracle of growing things in the earth!! I am into tropicals this year,and have a new greenhouse (thanks Hubby!) I am looking forward to spending time in this Winter!!(Well, what winter we have, anyway) I am very happy to be here. Can't wait to learn and share with you all!
Happy Gardening!
Kem

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey, welcome to DG, Kem! I saw your post in one of the posts about the hurricane and said hi, but it wasn't the best thread to socialize in, I'm afraid.

Benton, KY(Zone 7a)

Welcome! You're gonna love it here!

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Welcome, Kem! Jump right in... the water's friendly...

Baker City, OR(Zone 5b)

Welcome to Davesgarden, there's always room for more friendly folks. Do you grow vegies, flowers, or both? The change from Az to MS sounds pretty drastic.

Welcome to Dave's Garden, KMP! Mississippi must seem like a rain forest, compared to Arizona. :) Enjoy this wonderful forum.

Hi All! Thanks so much for the warm reception.Been on my back patio all morning admiring the monarachs and a couple of cute hummingbirds,WOW! Yes whiterose, I feel like I live in a jungle,now. (Should have bought stock in baby powder, dont think I'll ever get used to the humidity-but it sure helps everything grow! Humidity-not baby powder, that is. lol)
Hi MaryE! I grow everything I can get my hands on: Herbs:mostly basil,parsley & oregano (Love italian!)Veggies: tomatoes(creole and cherries), cukes, beans,(favorites) Winter: varieties of lettuce(arugula grows great here!) Palms: sabals,sagos(Well,cycads)a date palm, windmills, & a robellini. Tropicals: cannas,hibiscus, bananas (My favorite is my abyssinian), EEs, 3 varieties(my xanthosoma knocks me out!)Also shrimp plants-4 var., caladiums,shellginger,b/o paradise& other misc trops. Also,hostas,roses,gardenias(love em), hydrangea, camellia,sweet olive, and assorted annuals,perennials, vines,etc...& just bought some new bulbs and seeds to try this fall. Geez, I sure can ramble,huh? So what do you all grow?

Maben, MS(Zone 7b)

Welcome KMP form North East Ms, you will love it here at Dave's.

Rutland , MA(Zone 5b)

kmp - a warm welcome to daves garden from n.y.

Shalimar, FL(Zone 8a)

KMP welcome from another Gulf coaster-NW FL. Sounds like you have an awesome garden! You'll love DG. I find I spend way too much - or- so much time here...sould be out there weeding!!!! Jen

Panhandle, FL(Zone 8a)

Welcome to the wonderful heat and humitdity that grows tropicals! Sounds like you have a wonderful garden.

Good evening! been watching the chat room for awhile 2nite..they are soo funny in there. Thanks for the welcome yardbird and herbie43. Howdy, gulfcoast neighbors Jen and Weeds! I love, love, love my gardens, but don't we all? I designed and had a new swimming pool installed last year and want my back yard to look like Jamaica-my personal everyday vacation. I guess I'm on my way..always soo much to do and learn though,Its like a secondary full-time career...glad my husband and kids support my "obsession":)
Why are my posts so long? Please tell me about your gardening-selves!!

Franklin, LA(Zone 9a)

Howdy neighbor! from South Louisiana.
Welcome to Dave's Garden.

Cheri'

Nice to meet ya Cheri'. Where is Frankin? Are you very far from N.O?

Jonesboro, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi KMP - you will need to meet Roz and Glory - they live in Biloxi and have beautiful gardens too. I've only seen pics here, must visit them some day.

Hi Azalea! It's nice to know other's are from here, too! I'll keep an eye out for their posts...would love to share my garden w/someone new. My family says my garden is nice, but they have to, probably because if they didn't, they'd be worried I'd never stop digging long enough to feed em. LOL

Jones Creek, TX(Zone 9a)

Welcome KPM from the Coast of Texas, So glad you finally joined us...You are gonna love it here...we have the finest gardens in the land.... :o)

Helsinki, Finland(Zone 4b)

Welcome from Southern Finland :)

Crossville, TN

Welcome from someone that left Virginia/Florida for Arizona! I know you'll love it here. Jo

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Welcome!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.