my first ever - yeah

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Walked the dog after dinner and came home to an open flower. This is insignias pink but it is pure white as far as I can see? Does this happen? But like any new mom it doesn't matter - it's mine so it's perfect.

Thumbnail by jagonjune
Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Here is the sunblaster blinding us all but seriously for 125 watts it puts out an amazing amount of light. Oh yeah, my foyer used to be quite large. Four brugs and two dats took care of that in a hurry.

Thumbnail by jagonjune
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Can't answer your first question but do I ever like that
light!! :)

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

You too can have one for around a hundred dollars. Hey we can eat pasta for another couple of weeks.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

That we can ;)

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Yes, Many of the Brugmansia flowers start out opening as a white or creamy yellow and change to their true colour within a few hours. It is interesting to watch them do this, sometimes they can make the total colour change within 1 hour of opening.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

It did! It did! It's magic!

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

What colour is it??

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Here it is, but the color is a little washed out in this photo. It is actually pinker than this but very delicate.

Thumbnail by jagonjune
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Keep posting as it darkens.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8b)

Also jagonjune the blooms on brugs are smaller in the fall. It's normal that the pinks bloom paler, right down to pure white and the yellows and oranges bloom darker in the fall. They'll go back to their true colour in the summer.

This message was edited Sep 23, 2003 12:22 PM

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Thanks Liz and will do Lily. They were due to go to the closet for a third dr doom treatment last night; but I couldn't bear to put it in there and risk losing my first blossom. I'm counting on bug eggs not having a really precise clock and having enough energy after work tonite to do the cupboard work out.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

second bloom opened tonite. first isn't any deeper in color but the perfume is very sweet. They are all in the closet with dr doom tonite. I'll haul them out tomorrow.

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Sounds like an awful combination...Brugs stuck in a
cupboard with Dr. Doom ;) I hope the ones I took to
the library will bloom...their buds are getting bigger
but the change is causing them to drop some of their
leaves and young buds :(

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

Exciting, isn't it 'eh'? :)))

Isn't it exciting getting your first brug blooms. I've been growing brugs for almost 10 years and still get really excited when a new seedling blooms for the first time. Congrats.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

They and I survived another cupboard workout. Both blossoms still intact and another coming along. Wonder if any of the others will consider blooming indoors? Don't know what I'd do if I indulged my fantasies about all the other colors I'd like to have. Where would I put them all in the fall? How would I decide who gets to stay and who has go to the cupboard? Start cultivating new friends based on the window space they have for adoptive plants? Move to a zone 7 or 8 climate? Oh, the worry of it. Good thing I'm too busy earning a living for my critters (both mammal and botanical) to spend any time actually thinking about it.

What is the Dr. Doom treatment? lol, I must have missed it. Lynn, you mentioned a restaurant. What kind of a restaurant is it?

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

It is a problem ;)

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Dr Doom is an aerosol product made from the leaves of Chrysanthymums which is about the toughest insecticide I am prepared to use right now. The hyroponics store sells it in several sizes. The difference between it and others is that light deactivates the killing stuff so you have to put it on just before dark and leave the plants for 8 hours or so with it to be effective. Hence the cupboard where I'm sure the stuff won't disappear into the wide open spaces of the house.

Restaurant is unheardof (that is actually the name) website unheardof.com menu a little out of date right now I haven't been keeping the webmaster as up to date as I should. Something about the garden taking too much time.

Very, very cool! What a wonderful sounding menu. How do you possibly have the time to garden as well?
I'd like to place an order please. I'll have the Bocconcini with Pears to start then the Beef Tenderloin with Grappa and Gorgonzola (to support the beef industry. Then I'll have the Turtle Tart ( who can resist a name like that).
You do ship meals don't you? LOL

Let's all meet for dinner. The menu looks wonderful.

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

you guys are nuts...so am I......may as well tell everyone the great news, eh Liz and Dawn...expecting twins in the begginning of March...not me!......that would be news! my son, wife and Jenna, my grdghter! chew on that for a while!! Baba Elaine

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

Congragulations Roselaine....what a wonderful edition
to your family!! Wow...twins, how exciting!!!!

jagonjune...wish we still lived in North Battleford!!
I can't make up my mind what I would order....it all looks
so good!!! I'm caught between:
Lemon Shrimp or Tapas
Butter and Blue or Blistered Pepper and Feta
Beff Tenderloin or unheardof brochette
Cheese Plate or Strawberry Rhubard Pie
What a lovely place! Now I know why you work 15 hr
shifts!! Now I have to go eat something :( (won't be
as good) Glad you posted some recipes :))

Celaya, Mexico(Zone 10a)

Now you did it, I think I saw my stomach running out the door in the search of food and my tongue got stuck inbetween keys on my keyboard. ;)

Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

ROTFL...hope I got that right! It certainly is how I feel!

Burlington, ON(Zone 6a)

With the wind we had here today from the west, I could place an takeout order and get it 'airmail' in no time flat ROFL!

Seeing as we're all ordering different things, jagonjune, you won't think we were rude if we nibbled off each other's plates would you? Everything sounds so good.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hey when the prairie invasion comes to the west coast gardens I'll back the picnics. And yes we do takeouts but the delivery radius doesn't reach that far. And you are so right about the wind. Yesterdays renovation(read knocked very askew) my arbor. I would take it down but that would mean ripping out the vines and that little mexican fiesta is stilling blooming despite the minus 2 this am

Should be a menu update in the next week or so for the foodies to check out.

Edmonton, AB(Zone 3a)

Hey and I'll add my congrats on the expected twins. Double the trouble; double the fun. I'm not much on babies but as soon as they walk, talk and eat real food they're terrific. Wednesday afternoons is my time to take care of my great neice and we have lots of fun. (And I wind up very tired)

Thumbnail by jagonjune
Moose Jaw, SK(Zone 3b)

I'm really loving that vine! hint hint hint :)
Your great niece is a sweetie!! I'm really, really
disappointed about the lack of delivery however!!

North Vancouver, BC(Zone 8a)

No doubt about it......Lemon Shrimp for sure! E.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.