Iris Blooming!

Cedar Rapids, IA(Zone 5a)

Well, I lied. Re-bloomers (at least this one) do bloom in Iowa! My "Immortality" has 2 scapes & simply lovely white blossums right now. It's fun to see it right next to my mums & zinnias, but a little wierd. This gives me hope for the other re-bloomers I planted.

Thumbnail by Wandasflowers
Princeton, IL(Zone 5a)

Since I am planting my first crop of irises with a few re-bloomers, does anyone know if you need to cut off the scape immediately after bloom to get it to rebloom. I know with some of the daylilies I bought, cut down and ready for winter, they rebloomed and are still reblooming! PLMK for next year if that needs to be done.

LimeyLisa Kay

Kylertown, PA(Zone 5b)

Queen Dorothy did that for me last year in August and September. I didn't do anything special to get her to do her thing. It was nice seeing iris that late in the year!

Best Bet has also rebloomed for me.

I didn't do anything special to this one. I deadheaded after spring blooms. That's all. it tried to throw a scape up last year, but frost got the bud. Indashade--Queen Dorothy bloomed BOTH months???

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Wanda, have you ever 'scored' the bottom of any iris? Or can you do that to rhisomes?

Scored?????

Magnolia, TX(Zone 8b)

Cross cut on bottom of bulb to make it split into multiples???? Don't even know if this is possible. Just wondering.

Indashade--you have lots of irises. Does this "scoring" thing work???

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.