New to typing - need help

Everson, WA(Zone 8a)

I have been emailing a new DG member and she is feeling very frustrated. She is new to DG, new to computers and doesn't know how to type (although she sounds like she knows how to garden!). It takes her half an hour to type one or two paragraphs using the old one finger method. Does anybody have any ideas that might help her learn? Are there any tutorials out there on the net? She also doesn't know what the 'rules' are such as not using all caps etc. Any place I can direct her to get that info? She is feeling so frustrated she doesn't know if she will stay. I sure would hate to lose a gardener just because she's new at typing. If anybody has any suggestions to help her, or would just like to welcome her to stay and let time take care of the typing mistakes, I am sure she would appreciate it.

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!